“Dutch...not so much; but....”

Der Dutchman Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 1,038 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Dutch...not so much; but....”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

but really very nice inside. Spacious. "Historic" candy bars in their plentiful gift/food shop. Kind staff. Suggest going buffet. **$9.19 for buffet b4 4:00 or 4:30 (?). Pretty flowers & many, many rocking chairs outside! Great bakery!
Next we will try their locally famous b'fast buffet.
Brought home some scrapple to fix @ home.

1 Thank nhings

Saint Augustine
“Not my kinda food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went as a group to this restaurant so the menu was already made for us. We started with a salad that consisted of 1 cucumber and shredded lettuce. Yawn. I have diet and sugar restrictions so the pies were of no use to me even though the looked good. Then we had the main course which consisted of roast beef (which was really fatty), Ham (too salty), and deep fried chicken (which I didn't try). The vegetable (one and only one) consisted of green beans. The bread on the table was served cold. If you go as a group be warned.

1 Thank sweepmore
Clearwater, Florida
“Excellent selection, good food!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time here and this time we brought friends - we were not disappointed! We were seated quickly even though it was Friday night and there were 7 of us. The food was excellent and we had plenty to eat for a reasonable price for a buffet. My only complaint was that there was no clam chowder or German chocolate cake as the placard out front said. Other than that, everything was wonderful!

1 Thank Lrankin
Tampa, Florida
“It was more than I expected!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stopped by this restaurant on a Saturday afternoon. I was truly impressed once I was inside the restaurant/bakery/gift shop. We decided to try the buffet. Everything we had from the salad bar was very fresh. The selections they have available on the hot line buffet is plenty. I tried to sample everything they had available. There wasn't a thing that I didn't like...everything was delicious. Even the desserts were very good...be sure to get your ice cream. The buffet is reasonably priced. I really liked their bakery shop...great selections...loved the smell of their baked goods. There is a lot of unique items available in their gift shop upstairs/downstairs. We will definitely go back there.

1 Thank Countrygal063
Cordele, Georgia
“Excellent Restaurant!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I attended a function in one of the banquet rooms at Der Dutchman. The buffet had excellent quality food. The pot roast was some of the best I have ever had at a restaurant, and the Amish desserts were awesome. The buffet is kept very clean and the food fresh.The service in the banquet room was also very good and the servers would go out of their way to make sure you had or wanted everything you needed. The gift shop is also very extensive and you could be there quite a while just browsing.

1 Thank georgiaboy31015