“Best Pizza in Sarasota”

Pasta La Pizza
Ranked #355 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I found this quaint little gem by accident, if you are blink you're going to pass it. The outside signage (red) just reads Pizzeria. The new owners were workers for the former owners and lets just say they learned a thing or two about classic NY style pizza. If you are looking for doughy uncooked slop (Chicago style) this is not the place. If you are looking for Sarasota perfection sliding out of the oven then this should be your new outpost. I eat here frequently coming from NYC I didn't think Floridians had it in them. I have sampled all of the other pizzerias around and never get past the first bite of their offerings. This place is NY home run.

1  Thank craig c

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Pasta La Pizza is known as Pontillo's, different owner, same great pizza maker. We eat their pizza on a weekly basis - none better.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Just got home after awesome food at Pasta La Pizza. Told Ryan and Dawn I would write a review so here goes.
Heard how great Pontillos was and decided to check it out. Did not realize there had been a change of ownership.
The place is small. Sat by the window to people watch while we waited for our food. Busy night for Ryan and Dawn but they were very chatty and showed no signs of stress. Ryan kept apologizing for the wait but we did not mind. Each pie that came out of the oven was a work of art.
We ordered a salad, small pepperoni pizza and a chicken parmigiana sub. The salad had lots of olives and the dressing tasted homemade. Chicken parm sub was delicious....juicy chicken. Served with chips on the side. The pizza was perfect. Happy that we ordered so much food; leftovers tomorrow for sure.
We have been on a quest for perfect pizza since moving here from the Northeast a year ago. Our search is over. Pasta La Pizza will now be our go to place and the one we recommend to our friends and family.
Can't wait to return for homemade eggplant rollatini and calzone.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Thursday is pizza night for us, and we only order from Pasta la Pizza (formerly Pontillos; Dawn is still making the pizzas - thankfully!). They use excellent quality ingredients - love the sausage. Oh, and their large pizza is really extra large - a great deal!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Really enjoyed eating there today. Had a couple of slices with sausage and pepperoni, really tasty. Especially enjoyed the extra garlic on it. My kids had gluten free pizza crust and it was better than I expected, however the crust was a bit too soft. I would have given it 5 stars but I think I still prefer Solorzano's a bit more.