“Remembering Old New York and today's Pizza Chef!”
Review of Pizza Chef

Pizza Chef
Ranked #351 of 1,144 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 3, 2013

'Ya know I spent my youth in the metro NYC area and remember well the smaller family run pizza places that we'd frequent. Take Pizza Chef, it's owners Karen & Fran Bologno and transplant them to Nassau, Bergen or any of the counties that are on the periphery of NYC and I think you'll agree: it fits in perfectly! Although Frank runs the kitchen, it's Karen that runs the restaurant. Between them both, its as comfortable and family friendly an establishment as they come!

The pizza is always fresh and crispy: no wimpy thin crusts here! If you're a meat lover, go for the Chef's Abbondanza. The subs are terrific too. And for those of us from the old school: Frank's Sicilian style pizza is a real treat! I recall once being @ Shaners (0 stars in this writers book BTW) and asking if they had Sicilian; only for the teenage waitress to stare numbly back at me and say, "Whats that?" Well enough about places that aren't worth visiting.

To conclude, fresh. crisp with a warm family friendly atmosphere and staff that's just as welcoming as ones own family, well Pizza Chef is the place for you.

And a trip down memory lane for me; one that I'm pleased to be able to repeat!

1  Thank Sandman-SRQFL