“Our "Go To" Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millie's

Millie's
Ranked #23 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Our "Go To" Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We live close to Millies and it is our "Go To" place for breakfast or lunch, or anytime we have company. The place is charming and usually packed. Dont get too scared off by the wait, it usually goes pretty fast and there are benches outside. I love the Crepes with jam & the Chicken Salad sandwhich with fruit best. Cant go wrong with egg dishes and love the side of grits (with brown sugar for me) for a simple breakfast. Coffee is usually fresh because its so busy. Service friendly. George the owner is always there busting his butt to make sure everything is running smoothly and everyone is happy. Decor is charming, a bit like going to Auntie or Grandmas house :)

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Orlando, Florida
“Always a Breakfast Pleasure!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Happy Anniversary, Millie's! I can't believe you have been there for 25 years now per your banner at the front door---where has the time gone? 25 years speaks volumes about your quality, value, reputation, and staying power in today's competitive restaurant business. Whenever we are in town, we always go to Millie's for breakfast at least once....Millie's is my 92-year old Mother-In-Laws favorite place for breakfast "because their buttermilk biscuits are the best, and they know how to 'soft scramble' eggs". She should know....in her cooking/baking days, she made mouthwatering scratch buttermilk biscuits, and thankfully, taught me how 38+ years ago. I agree...they are divine at Millie's. The breakfast menu has lots of variety, even for the pickiest of eaters. My hubby is a pancake snob like I am, and said his pancakes were the best restaurant pancakes ever....I have to agree with the bite he shared with me---it was very moist and very flavorful, including the taste of real buttermilk. They have REAL butter on the table for your biscuits/pancakes/waffles, which is a plus for us too! I had the Mushroom and Cheese Omelete and it was scrumptious! The atmosphere is charmingly comfortable, but not so feminine as to repel the male species (lol), it was probably 50% male and 50% female when we were there, and the seating is very comfortable with several rooms that include both tables and booths of various sizes. All the males of various ages in our huge family love Millie's! Parking is plentiful. If you are visiting Sarasota/Venice and surrounding areas, Millie's is a place you don't want to miss!

• Visited May 2013
Venice, Florida
“Always friendly service, seated quickly, and breakfast rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Every time we have family come visit, my mom takes us all to Millie's for breakfast. It is always very friendly service, quick food delivery, and the breakfast is very good!

• Visited December 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I think Millie's is wonderful - I'm not sure how they could make it better except to shoo away some other diners so I don't have to wait!

The food and service are equally great and as busy as they always are, I know there is no way to get better service or more delicious food.

The owner's are also one of the nicest couples I've ever met - they have a top notch, well-established eatery that beckons me to return.

• Visited December 2012
“Cold, bring a sweater!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Expect to bring a sweater along with you. So cold the butter didn't melt on the waffle.
Good value for the amount of food you get.

• Visited April 2013