“Amazing breakfast”

Dutch Valley Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 1,050 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our Promise: "To give every customer top quality food with good and friendly service for very reasonable prices."
Reviewed June 8, 2014

What a wonderful surprise this simple looking restaurant ended up being. Our table got the cinnamon rolls which were by far the best I have ever tasted, light and airy with just the right amount of frosting...pouring down onto the plate:) I got the Belgium waffle with pecans and strawberries and it was heavenly as was the French toast and hash browns with onions. The waitress truly enjoyed our family and we had delightful interaction. We will be visiting for a week and I know we will be back more than once!

1  Thank claytonstravels
Trisha J, Guest Relations Manager at Dutch Valley Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! And the use of adjectives to describe our food was great! I hope you were able to make in again while you were here visiting and we look forward to seeing you the next time your family is in town.

There are newer reviews for Dutch Valley Restaurant

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stopped in for breakfast based on the staff at our hotel on Siesta Island. The clerk recommended the Biscuits & Gravy. I asked the waitress if the biscuits were large and she said yes, one was enough, not two. She was right, the biscuit was extra large, served with fried potatoes and smothered in gravy. If you enjoy good biscuits & gravy, this is the place to go. Huge portions and reasonable prices.

My wife ordered the combo platter and there was lots of good food there too.

Did I mention that the service was fast and efficient. Try it, you will be glad you did!!!

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Went here the other day to try this restaurant as we kept passing it all the time since we lived in Sarasota. The atmosphere is OK it reminds me of a Denny's or an IHOP so I really wasn't impressed as I thought this would be a little bit nicer restaurant. There is a lot of selection in the food which is really great the only thing is that I would think there be more authentic Dutch food there being a Dutch Valley restaurant.

I ordered the patty melt sandwich which was okay it was it was good but it wasn't the greatest.

For dessert we ordered a peanut butter pie which was actually pretty good it was into rich or really like other restaurants usually have them.

I don't think I would go back again but it's actually a pretty ok restaurant.

Definitely would not be one of my first choice is to go in Sarasota.

dutchvalleysrq, Guest Relations Manager at Dutch Valley Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Shawn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. There has been much discussion over the years to change the name but after over 30 years we decided the name had to stay. Known more for our "diner" food vs. dutch food the name can be a bit deceiving but we do hope you'll try us again. Our breakfast choices (which are served all day) are amazing!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have been eating at Dutch Valley for years, even before it moved to its present location many years ago. There have been several owners, and the present owners have kept the quality and consistency of their food equal to the original. I can always count on the same quality, meal after meal. That to me is a great place to eat. Having moved out of town, I miss it.

Richard,
We miss you! So happy you took the time to write about us even though you have moved away. There will always be a seat for you should you come back and visit!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Visited again, this time with friend, and the quality and value was still evident. I try to get use the decor but struggle, a step back in time !! This place is so busy and for all the right reasons, great place.

dutchvalleysrq, Guest Relations Manager at Dutch Valley Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your feedback we love hearing from our customers! We're a diner so we love our "retro" look! :)