“UPDATE” 4 of 5 bubbles

Peach's Restaurant
Ranked #321 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota
“UPDATE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The owner Mary Beth, contacted me after my visit is September. She was very apologetic and assured me that the situation was being addressed. It appears the previous manager did not do sufficient staff "training" of the new computer system. That said, the food is great!, The service is definitely slower with the computer system, than it was before. I just try to plan more time when I go and must say the extra time is worth the food. Love the current manager Hannah, the waitresses/waiters (Maryann, Mary, Peter, Pam) and kitchen staff (with the exception of Cory). Check it out, you won't be disappointed!
NOTE: The service received a "3" because of the computer system, not the wonderful wait-staff! I recognized the wait staff with a "5" for atmosphere!

• Visited November 2012

Sarasota
“Gone Down Hill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was once my favorite breakfast/lunch location, however not anymore. They recently put in a computer system that needs a good I.T person to work on. For example, I often go around lunch time and get an omelet and then a side salad ($1.99) with meal. I have done this for at least 4 or 5 years and specifically asked the waitress today if the side salad was "$1.99. She said YES! I get my check and charged $2.99 and told they can't change the ticket and the salad price is only is for sandwiches. Really? The omelet is as much as a sandwich. The waitress wanted to give me $1.00 back in cash and the manager (Corey) would not allow it. On another recent visit, I ordered the 2 egg breakfast that comes with beverage, fruit or grits. I did not want the fruit of grits so my check came and was about $2.00 higher than normal. Again, they blamed the computer saying it would not allow them to leave the fruit/grits off, so they charged me al carte. The service has measurably declined since the computers. I love the wait staff at this location, but the price increases and blaming the computers is unacceptable. Humans program computers and the management must figure this out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sarasota, Florida
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We've been going to Peaches for years and are never disappointed with their breakfasts. They have great omelets that come with fruit, toast, and potatoes and always have specials. Their coffee is really good and you can't go wrong with breakfast at Peaches.

Visited June 2012
Clearwater, Florida
“Neighbohood Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Peach's is always hopping. The food is good, the service is good, the prices are fair. It's not the the Ritz. Its a nice neighborhood restaurant.

We go about once every other month.

• Visited December 2011
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Great Food but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is the place where I like to go to get inexpensive but fantastic pancakes here in Sarasota. They have other good breakfasts but I come here for the pancakes, mainly, the buttermilk ones. Unfortunately, as of late, if I get any server other than my personal favorite, Mary Ann, the service drops drastically in quality. It takes long to get your drink and I don't like sitting at the table seeing my food sitting up by the kitchen waiting to get served to me, and waiting, and waiting till she finally get's it to me and now it isn't hot like it should be. This has happened three times now and while I like the atmosphere and especially their awesome breakfasts, they need at least two more waitresses on the floor in my opinion. That or the ones that are there need to step up their game, not sure what the issue is. Some people go to a place like this to kick back, relax and have a long breakfast. I like to go there, order, get my food, eat and leave as I have other obligations after breakfast.

This morning when I ate there, a father and his son came in a while after I was there and had ordered my food. They got their food the same time I got mine...and all I ordered was two pancakes! Waiting for 20 minutes on two pancakes isn't what I wanted to be doing this morning. I will go back but from now on I will simply request Mary Ann on every visit as she truly is a great waitress. It sounds like i'm really being hard on the place but for the money, they are hard to beat. Just be a bit more attentive wait staff! I want to keep coming here.

• Visited December 2011