“A hidden gem”

Mona Lisa Italian Restaurant
Ranked #342 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a 3rd generation family run establishment. Our cuisine is northern italian & some southern also. Our popular menu entrees features homemade pastas, fresh seafood, tender veal dishes and homemade desserts.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Great Italian food. The owners are friendly. He is the chef, she does everything else. The food is always very good. It is hidden in the Meadows and my GPS always misses it, and takes me back into residential areas. It is well worth the search. They take reservations which is a real plus. If you are there at the end of the evening the chef will gone out and talk to you. A real find.

1  Thank Ekopl

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I have visited Mona Lisa a few times in the past couple of months and the meals have been great. The restaurant was recommended by my wife's friend and co-worker. My wife claimed that the eggplant parmesean she had at Mona Lisa was the best she has ever had. It's not heavily battered and soaked in breadcrumbs. I've had the home made gnocchi with bolognese sauce and the linguini with white clam sauce. Both were excellent, the best I've had since moving from NY to Florida in 1999. It has become one of our favorite restaurants. Can't wait for the cooler weather so we can eat outside with the beautiful views of the lake and golf course at the Meadows.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Fantastic Italian and seafood food . Like being back in NYC. My wife and I ate there last night WHAT a TREAT. We tried the Mozzarella and tomato Caprese appetizer, Fresh mozzarella with sliced roma tomatoes YUM YUM !! We decided to try the specials. My wife had the Chicken Roma ( Two chicken cutlets topped with Fried eggplant , ricotta cheese, mozzarella and sauce) serves with a side of pasta and she also had the house salad with their homemade dressing. The portion was so large we took half home and had lunch the next day.
I had the Blue crab Ravioli with sauted shrimp and Grouper fillet topped with arugala and cherry tomatoes, in s pink sauce, FANTASTIC !!!!!!! All the food was perfectly cooked. We shared a piece of HOMEMADE Italian cheese cake for desert. ( Hands down the best cheese cake I have ever eaten). Service was top notch our glasses were never empty. Family owned and operated so the owners are always there. The chef came out to speak to us and I asked him about the cheese cake, he told me it was his mothers recipe who was in the restaurant business for over 50 years. Great place for couples and families . VERY reasonably priced. We will be back soon with the entire family.

1  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a definite stopping place if you're in the area! It was such a wonderful dining experience: the staff (and owner!), the entrées, the dessert! Even though we were from out of state, we came back the second night! The staff was friendly and attentive, the food delicious (pasta with italian sausage and seafood pasta were what we tried), and the desserts were tasty and light -- the homemade cheesecake was delightful as was the tiramasu.

1  Thank J B
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Excellent restaurant in the Meadows Village. Great menu, soft ambiance, and terrific food! From appetizer to entrée to desert the choices couldn't be better. The large portions of food were delicious with an authentic Italian taste. Wine menu was extensive, served by the glass, liter or bottle. The also serve beer. You can't go wrong if you like Italian food. Restaurant is small so reservations are a must. Closed Sundays during the summer months as well as on Mondays.

1  Thank Art G