“Mona Lisa......”

Mona Lisa Italian Restaurant
Ranked #313 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a 3rd generation family run establishment. Our cuisine is northern italian & some southern also. Our popular menu entrees features homemade pastas, fresh seafood, tender veal dishes and homemade desserts.
Sarasota, Florida
“Mona Lisa......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Excellent restaurant in the Meadows Village. Great menu, soft ambiance, and terrific food! From appetizer to entrée to desert the choices couldn't be better. The large portions of food were delicious with an authentic Italian taste. Wine menu was extensive, served by the glass, liter or bottle. The also serve beer. You can't go wrong if you like Italian food. Restaurant is small so reservations are a must. Closed Sundays during the summer months as well as on Mondays.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Art G

sarasota, Fl
“Amazing Authentic Italian Cuisine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our neighbor recommended this restaurant to us a while ago so my husband and I decided to try it out for our anniversary. Our daughter was not feeling well so we decided to order in rather than leave her with a sitter. We ordered the gnocchi with meat sauce, veal italiano, and shrimp portofino that came with these homeade pasta pillows stuffed with mascarpone cheese and pear with a sherry cream sauce. They were amazing! The gnocchi was the best I've had since Italy, they literally melted in your mouth. The veal was cooked perfectly, paper thin with an amazing wine sauce. It was incredibly flavorful. The owner of the restaurant was incredibly friendly and generous when I went to pick up the food. She offered me a cocktail and sent me home with a piece of their ricotta cheese cake, delicious! This is a hidden gem here in Sarasota. I can't believe I have lived here for 6 years and just discovered this restaurant. I can't wait to dine in, they offer wine by the half liter and liter, just like they do Italy. The quality of the food was superb and the quantity was perfect. I have been to many Italian restaurants in Sarasota, the Usual Place was my favorite until I found this one. Can't wait to try so many other yummy things on their menu.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank musicteachersota
Sarasota, Florida
“not consistant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Appetizer of wrapped cheese on bed of lettuce was excellent. Loved the gnocchi but Surprised the pasta was not fresh made---out of the box !!! The veal was superb !!!!!!! the nondescriped mixed salad of ice berg lettuce with thick overpowering dressing. the bread was terrible--what happen to crisp crunchy Italian bread?? the service was poor--had to ask for the check 3 times. The staff is quite friendly What a shame the whole meal was not consistant. Will try it again for the only homemade pasta dish on the menu---Lasagna.

Visited May 2014
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Umpteenth Meal at a Super Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have just dined for the umpteenth time at one of our favourite restaurants in Sarasota. Turned up on spec, no booking and Marissa, the Owner with her husband Don, seated us at a table for four. The restaurant, on a Wednesday, was heaving at about 7.45pm, and whilst we were there anguest 8 guests turned up, all without bookings and were accommodated. Now a full restaurant. We had garlic bread and cheese to start, came with tomatoes mixed in, very nice, then I had lasagne and my wife risotto. Both superb as always. The complimentary House and Caesar salads were copious and well presented. We had an excellent bottle of Malbec. Marissa runs a very family, friendly restaurant, personally knows many of her guests. Portions are always generous, piping hot and well presented for what is a unique, couple run, one off restaurant. Value is always good. Less than $100 for the two of us. You need to know where it is as you would never find it and of course there isn't passing trade as such. For Meadows residents a hidden gem to keep somewhat secret ! Well worth booking if you are on the late afternoon flight into Tampa and staying on The Meadows. Not open on Mondays.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Christopher M
North Bay
“Just called. Didn't go.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We tried to get into Mona Lisa. We called and the man said he was with someone and could he call back. We said we would call. We called 5 times and got a message that scolded people to be mindful of their reservation time because the busy season is upon us? And then we finally got through and the woman answering said Mona Lisa, I'm extremely busy, how can I help you ????? Can you imagine that? Are you kidding me. I was So shocked I hung up and said I'm never going there. So in fact the food may be great but we didn't go and we had to put a rating down in order to submit this review.

• Visited April 2014