“Fresh and Tasty!”

Corkscrew Deli
Ranked #206 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Based on stellar T A reviews and the beautiful photos on their website, I decided to have them make sandwiches for a special lunch with our out-of-town guests. I also bought potato salad and coleslaw for the occasion. Our sandwich selections included turkey breast, chicken, roast beef and ham & cheese on five different breads, and all came with crisp dill pickles. The sandwiches were nicely prepared and double wrapped to take home. Two hours later, when we ate our lunch, everyone was impressed with their appearance, taste and freshness. The salad and coleslaw were also delicious.

The shop, located in the Landings Shopping Plaza, was exceptionally clean and their service was friendly, prompt and courteous. I’m looking forward to my next visit to Corkscrew Deli so I can try more of their sandwiches. I definitely recommend this sandwich shop for both eating-in or take-out specialties.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

All the sandwiches are great. The pesano (spelling is off) is like a drug. They must put heaven in this sandwich. They have all types of great sandwiches and I have enjoyed all of them. They also have great salads and soups. Don't miss out on this great place.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped in for a quick lunch and the sandwiches were good. Combination of bread and boars head meat. Simple, fast, tasty sandwiches. Owned by the same guy for 20 years, must be a reason he's been around so long. Not complicated just good.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had Vegetarian Sandwiches, Chicken Salad Sandwich, Cuban Sandwich. A family member picked up lunch and delivered to the house during our visit to Sarasota. Food was great and it makes me want to visit in person. My husband really enjoyed the potato salad.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

First visit today. Ordered "The Sicilian" sandwich and a cup of coffee. Enjoyed both at a cafe table on the sidewalk in front of the deli. The sandwich was outstanding thanks to a delicious spread that gave it a spicy "punch." The pickle was crunchy and flavorful; the coffee fresh and robust. Staff was genuinely friendly and welcomed me with a smile. The deli, located in a strip mall, manages fast service without losing the easy-going atmosphere that makes me want to return next time I'm in the area.