“TASTY FOOD, EXCELLENT VALUE!”
Review of Tasty Home Cookin

Tasty Home Cookin
Ranked #442 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband has eaten the hamburger sliders here once before which are very tasted and an excellent price! He heard breakfast was also good and very affordable. We went there this past Sunday and both ordered the Country Fried Steak & it was the best one we had ever tasted! They definetely know how to do country cookin right!! Not to mention my hashbrown potatoes were also light and crisy unlike most places who serve them burnt and dry. If you love breakfast and affordable rates, you don't want to miss this restaurant!

1  Thank nfikert

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Most times, I've eaten Tasty Burgers for lunch or I've ordered some type of eggs and meat for breakfast. Today, I asked for 2 Pancakes with 2 sausage patties. My server told me, "You're going to really like our pancakes." I thanked her and had a short wait for my order. She was SOOOO RIGHT! Fluffy, filling, and full of flavor - I barely needed any syrup. Plus, the sausage patties were flavorful - with a hint of spice.

Overall, I can't remember having eaten better pancakes.

Please note:
This restaurant is NOT a chain - it is family run and owned.
They cook everything to order - but, you won't wait very long.
You will be treated very well - like you are family (even if you only visit once-and-awhile).
'Locals (even from Siesta Key) love this place!
You'll never have to wait on a bottomless cup of coffee.
You will leave satisfied!

1  Thank DNWahoo
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have been here a few different times and it is quit comfy! The booths are kinda low, but the atmosphere really feels like you are family. The food isn't half bad and my boyfriend likes the meatloaf. I usually order the fried chicken with french fries (the fries are thin like Steak n Shake).

1  Thank Tarabutler
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have visited this place several times but only for lunch. Every time I left satisfied. They serve breakfast , lunch and dinner and the menu looks delicious.

2  Thank Downunderjeep
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Whenever we crave soup, Tasty Home Cookin is our place to go. We love the chicken noodle and when someone has a cold there is no better 'medicine'. They have those White Castle type burgers which are also favorites with our crowd. The price is right here as well.

2  Thank Jacqueline T