“more than just pizza”

Francesco's New York PIzzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #176 of 1,078 Restaurants in Sarasota
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sarasota's best Italian restaurant & Pizzeria. As soon as you walk in the aromas will bring you back to Sunday dinners at Nonna's house. Serving the best food for over 10 years. Voted Best Pizza and Best Speciality Pizza. Serving thin crust hand tossed NY style pizza. Excellent chicken, veal & seafood dishes. Extensive list of Salads and vegetarian options. Famous bruschetta appetizer like no other. Homemade sinful creamy tiramisu. Cozy, casual atmosphere.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We have gotten their pizza for years. It's a toss up with Francescos and Demetrios for us. But we went for dinner and got veal marsale and it was great and worth the 30 minute wait. The place is small and a wait in season so we decided to stop telling anyone about this gem !!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We try to make it there once a week. Tuesday night is pasta night. They offer a great variety of pasta, great variety of sauce, and plenty of added seasonings or meatballs and sausage. You make it your way. The pizza is the best. Actually I have yet to get a bad meal there. The service is superb. If you get there after 6:00 PM and have to wait, it is well worth it.

1  Thank Lee D
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My family and I went to this little establishment after reading about the Italian fare for reasonable price in the Herald Tribune Dining Guide. We love italian cuisine and were willing to drive quite a bit (from Venice) for supper. My husband had the spagetti with meatballs and I the baked ziti and both were generous sized portions with good sauce and lots of cheese. My son got a chicken parm pizza which he said was good with tasty crust and somewhat chewy chicken. The 1/2 price wine and 3 course meal specials were good and all from salad to cannoli were fresh and flavorful.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have to say that I was also surprised to see a negative review of Francesco's! The chef in the kitchen is fabulous! Of course, my personal favorite is Stromboli, followed by Pizza... my husband has thoroughly enjoyed every dish he has ever ordered.

Every time we have the need for several trays of food for an event, I can count on the order to be on time and cooked to perfection every time.

Love this restaurant, and of course, we will be back!

1  Thank Cindi G
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Ordered pizza from this restaurant in the past on numerous occasions but today I was totally disappointed.

Two extra large pizza's, one with sausage & mushrooms & one cheese only. Sausage & mushrooms did not cover the entire pizza. Check the photo.

Sorry to say it I won't be going back. Always ordered two extra large pizza's & cost is between $35 & $40.
Don't mind paying however the quality is not there any longer!