“Sarasota's finest secret”

Francesco's New York PIzzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #281 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Sarasota's best Italian restaurant & Pizzeria. As soon as you walk in the aromas will bring you back to Sunday dinners at Nonna's house. Serving the best food for over 10 years. Voted Best Pizza and Best Speciality Pizza. Serving thin crust hand tossed NY style pizza. Excellent chicken, veal & seafood dishes. Extensive list of Salads and vegetarian options. Famous bruschetta appetizer like no other. Homemade sinful creamy tiramisu. Cozy, casual atmosphere.
New York City, New York
“Sarasota's finest secret”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Wow now this is what a family restaurant is all about. We visit everytime we are in Sarasota for the winter. This year, is the best..... you just know a good place when you walk in and the aroma hits you. Everything is made fresh so be patient. Enjoy a glass of wine and some homemade bread and feel like you are been sent to Italy.

Visited February 2013

Rotonda West, Fl
“Francesco's - YUM”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Truly the BEST place for Italian food in Florida! Small, intimate, really, really good food, homemade bread... YUM. Try the chicken piccata, you won't be sorry. And the pizza is outstanding - won't find better. We love it!

• Visited November 2012
Bradenton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian Food 5 Stars”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were vacationing in Siesta and I asked about a good Italian restaurant and i was referred to Francesco's. It was the best recommendation. The food was great, service and atmosphere were great also. In the week we were in town, we went there 3 times for dinner. I'll definately be back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Abe H
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Still the Best!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been traveling up and down the west coast of Florida, My wife and I still think the Francesco's Resturant, has the best food. Tastes and smells like grandma's sunday meals.....
The price is very good and the portions are perfect...We love the specials and always look forward to going when we are in Sarasota.

• Visited February 2013
Bamberg, Germany
“High Hopes”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Let me just say for the record I was really looking forward to eating in this non-chain Italian restaurant, but ended up disappointed. I will say that ambiance was very nice, but that's about all it had going for it.
Unfortunately for us, unlike many of the other reviewers here we did not have a great experience with this restaurant. First off, the service was less than desirable. I'm not sure if we got this server on her very first day, but she knew close to nothing when it came to asking questions about the menu. Every question was followed with "I don't know, let me go ask". This was a considerate response instead of just making something up or not bothering to ask, but every time she left it seemed forever before she returned again. There were a couple of problems with our order, for example I ordered the Penne Gorgonzola that came with chicken. I asked if it was possible to get this meal without the meat, and if not please let me know so that I may order something else. She said yes it was fine, but then my dinner came out with chicken anyway. The food took forever to be served, and none of us were very impressed. The bill seemed way too high for what we got, so we questioned. The server got very impatient with me and told me "I don't know what you are upset about, it's not like I charged you for the chicken". Um excuse me, but you better not have charged me for that chicken! I just thought this response was so rude and really set me over the edge after I had been sitting in that place for close to 3 hours because it took so long, every single step of the way.

I will not be returning to this eatery, and I certainly would not recommend to anyone who asks me about it. The first impression was poor enough that I am not willing to give it a second shot. There are plenty of other choices in Sarasota!

• Visited December 2012