“traveling 1hr 45 min from Naples to Boca Raton was well worth the trip”
Review of TooJay's

TooJay's
Ranked #236 of 1,050 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 13, 2013

great deli New York style fresh tasty all the correct breads and mustard to complete the deli experience I only wish they would open a TooJay's in Naples the lines would be out the door as there is nothing to compare. The community here would be thrilled if you would open a restaurant here in Naples. Good food ,good quality,great service, the sandwich's are thick with your choice of tasty fresh cut deli products,not thick with bread and less product. I would highly recommend TooJay's where ever it is.

There are newer reviews for TooJay's

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Toojay's has a great selection in their walk-up deli counter with everything from lox to cakes. They also have a full service restaurant serving three meals a day. We did both on our last trip and found the self-service selections and quality to be great. We had dinner there one night and overall the food an service was good, with many comfort food items like chicken pot pies or liver and onions.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am, and I was happy when my brother-in-law suggested we go to TooJay's in the Westfield Southgate Mall in Sarasota, FL. I thought this was a single restaurant and was surprised to find out that there are 24 TooJay's restaurants scattered around FL. TooJay's has something for everybody,but its focus is on good NY style Jewish deli. I had a terrific cup of authentic matzo ball soup. The matzo fall was light, fluffy and seasoned nicely with parsley. The accompanying broth and chicken pieces were delicious. This was followed by a top notch corned beef sandwich, lean and tasty, on a crusty rye bread that TooJay's makes in-house. Bravo! Their homemade potato knish had one of the best outer crusts I've ever had on a knish and the potato filling was creamy and highly satisfying. Of course, I washed it all down with a Dr. Brown's Cream Soda. I was in deli heaven. For those who don't want a big sandwich of meat, there are lighter dinners available, including fish, chicken or vegetables. Other worthy traditional Jewish-style choices include blintzes, potato latkes, brisket, pastrami and tongue. Our table of eight family members, most of which had been to this Toojay's before, were happy campers. There are so many wonderful choices (I haven't even mentioned the wide array of desserts, especially the wide array of cakes) that one visit is not enough, and I intend to visit Toojay's on the East Coast of FL in the future. As a souvenir, there are two black and white cookies in the refrigerator waiting to be devoured. They won't last long...

Reviewed June 11, 2013

With the food you would think you're in New York. Sandwiches are loaded and meat is fresh. Service is very good, Basically, this is a deli that was transported from New York to Florida. Don't let the location fool you. Once inside you would not know you're in a mall. This is, at least for me, a monthly stop on the way to meetings in Sarasota. And to bring things home, there is a listing right at your table. Fill it out and give to your server. Everything will be packed and ready for travel when you are ready to leave. A dozen latkes each time just gets me thru the month. There are 24 locations around Florida so pick one out and enjoy.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We ordered from here for lunch with my coworkers. I was not in the mood for sandwiches and a pickle. I ordered tuna because that's what everybody else is getting. I have to say it was the best tuna fish I have ever had. I don't know how they do it, but they do it.