“Unfortunate service but food was great.”
Review of Knick's Tavern

Knick's Tavern
Ranked #292 of 1,054 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Average actually should be poor for just one server. When I say unfortunate....we were 2 couples...both ordered the same thing....flatbread, grilled calamari and salmon sandwich...... Food took awhile to come out...only to have the waitress set down all 3 actually 6 dishes at the same time..... and her explanation of all this food was we did not specify that you bring one thing at a time.....we stated each couple were sharing the 3 dishes. I could say she was correct however I would have thought she would have realized but she certainly should have questioned how we want these brought out......extremely strange.....I asked for the sandwich to be taken back and kept warm and she said the lights would dry it out....so we sat with 6 dishes on the table and I put a plate over the sandwich... and yes we would go again...we knew the place was a hot spot however this waitress started by being a bit short and just did not get it. You ask 4 people if they want another drink....one says no and she walks away quickly....oops...there are 3 others at the table....Weird experience and judging by her flippant attitude she was not a newby.... We will try but a different server...

2  Thank Andy A

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Friends suggested this restaurant to us, and my husband and I were glad we took their recommendation. Our meals were excellent, and we thought the prices were reasonable. My only criticism is that the server should have known the difference between bay scallops and sea scallops. There was a scallop dish offered as a special on the menu, and I would have ordered that meal if the scallops were sea scallops, but when I asked, I was told they would be bay scallops. Someone else in our party ordered the dish, however, and it was served with sea scallops. The meal I had was good, but I'm sure the scallop special was a more expensive dish, so restaurant lost out on selling the more expensive meal to me.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Knick's is a wonderful indoor/outdoor grill, with great food, service and atmosphere. The short rib sandwich is to die for and the hamburgers are extraordinary. The steaks are also excellent as are the seafood dishes and sandwiches. This is casual dining at it's best in a very friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've been here a few times just for drinks and I love the atmosphere as well as the bartender. I was finally able to have some supper here by myself the other night and loved every single bite! I got a black bean burger with fries but I must say, everything on their menu sounds fantastic so I plan on being back soon.

My only minor complaint would be that it doesn't have a full bar and there are no happy hour drink prices. Beings I usually eat supper around 6:00 PM most restaurants have some sort of happy hour. Other than that, this place should be visited by anyone looking for a nice atmosphere coupled with great food and great service!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love the atmosphere and the menu choices. We always sing praises about this restaurant. We eat out regularly and love to support the locals!