“ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SANDWICH SINCE THE 1970'S”
Review of Anna's Deli - CLOSED

Anna's Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Orlando, Florida
“ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SANDWICH SINCE THE 1970'S”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We never miss the opportunity to go to Anna's when we are in town. The drive across the Stickney Point bridge to Siesta Key/Crescent Beach is pretty in itself. Anna's is very convenient by car, and an easy walk or bike ride from many of the vacation condos and hotels fronting Crescent Beach. It is not unusual for our entire extended family to stroll to Anna's daily when we spend a week together on Crescent Beach--we usually just pick up our order and head back to the beach. It is VERY popular with tourists and locals alike. To avoid standing in a line (which usually moves pretty fast), we usually call in our order when staying at the beach. There is inside and outside seating, but the majority is inside. It is not a large place--but is quaint and beachy--you are there for the food anyway! Now to the food......we are addicted to the Surfer sandwich and have been since the 1970's----other family member's also like their egg salad and chicken salad. We have never been able to duplicate the Surfer, neither at any other deli in any state, nor at home. Their breads are fresh and amazing. The Anna's sauce is awesome--reminds me of a mayo/mustard potato salad dressing like my Mom used to make. The Surfer is very thin sliced meat piled high (I think turkey and ham), and thin sliced cheese (I think Swiss), with very thin sliced cucumbers and the option of their sauce (free), on your choice of bread. We love the marble rye! They have bags of chips and other sides you can purchase, fountain drinks including, but not limited to unsweetened iced tea and also lemonade you can purchase. They have bottled water, but you can request a cup of water as well. Their barrel-style pickles are amazing, and they will slice them for you. In the old days, you had to buy a whole sandwich, now you can request a half sandwich, and they slice the sandwiches into quarters for easy eating. It's not unusual for our older family members to just split a whole sandwich. Guess one of these days, we will have to try something other than the Surfer....then again, maybe not.......

• Visited April 2013

Hudson, FL
“Good, Quick Sandwiches”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This sandwich shop always seems to have a line of customers at lunch time. There are tables for eating in the restaurant but many take their sandwiches back to one of the many resorts just across the road on Siesta Key Beach. This place used to accept cash only, but in the two years I haven't been there, I learned it now accepts credit cards. There are two other locations in the Sarasota area, but this is the only one I've visited.

I usually order a corned beef sandwich and often eat only half of it, saving the rest of it for another day. There are some specialty sandwiches, too, with creative toppings. My husband ordered the Fiesta with salami, liverworst, onions and some other ingredients.

It's quick and easy service if you are staying on Siesta Key or even just visiting that beautiful beach for a day.

• Visited April 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“OVERRATED”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Not at all like they advertise. Sandwiches are small for the price. Taste is okay. Tuna fish is gross. All in all this deli is way overpriced and overhyped for my taste.

Visited October 2012
chicago
“AWESOME Samiches!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Whenever we come to Sarasota, Anna's is one of the first stops we make. To be honest, I've never had anything but the Surfer Sandwich with their special sauce and wonderful marble bread. It is so G-O-O-D that I can't make myself try something different! I've been coming to Anna's since the late 1980s when my mother lived here. It's terrific (even if they are IU fans! - I'm a Purdue grad so what can I say!!)

Visited January 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Very Nice Lunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This small-town deli had a big city feel. It was a little funky and hoppin'. I loved the atmosphere. I had the egg salad sandwich and thought it was just OK. My mom ordered a tuna salad sandwich and loved it. My kids enjoyed their turkey & cheese sandwiches. It was a nice little stop for lunch.

• Visited January 2013