“Hidden Gem”

Wings-n-Weenies
Ranked #545 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

The name caught my attention and I had to go in! I love wings and I try them everywhere I can. I was shocked to see how dead the place was midday, but it worked to our advantage. Our service was fast and the waitress was nice and attentive. I asked for samples of the wing sauces and the waitress gladly brought them to me. I ordered a half rack of ribs, and fifteen wings half Ninja and half TNT. They offer several flavors of wings so it caters to all palates from mild, all the way to nuclear! When my food came out I was impressed! The ribs had 7 bones and were VERY meaty. They were tender and delicious, some of the best ribs I've ever had. Not THE best, but close. There were tons of fries with my order and the coleslaw was decent (I'm not a huge slaw fan). The wings are not huge, but they are decent and cooked perfectly. Crispy outside and meaty inside. The ninja wings are Asian inspired "Sweet-heat" they call it. I did not find them to have any heat, but the flavor is nice. The TNT wings are nice and spicy with a good classic Buffalo flavor. I tried the nuclear sauce and did not find it hotter, but the flavor is different, darker. I'm a big guy and can eat some food, but I only ate half the ribs and 4 out of 15 chicken wings. I had them for dinner the next night and they were just as good! I highly recommend them and would definitely go again.

• Visited May 2012

Sarasota, Florida
“Don't let the hole-in-the wall look scare you away.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Amazing food for not to bad price. Never tried one thing on the menu I didnt like. Great breakfast too!

Maurertown
“Small gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

We're from Buffalo area years ago and heard this place served Sahlens hot dogs, so we went in, had a good breakfast and very friendly service. They do sell Sahlens by the pound!

Visited March 2012
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Good breakfast and wings, place is a dive though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

I've been here twice for breakfast and once for supper. For breakfast I've had the pancakes, eggs and bacon. Good and cheap. Not the best pancakes I've ever had but for the price, worthy of a visit.

I also was here with my family one night for wings. They were very, very good. Better than I was expecting actually. All three times I've been here I've had good service but the place itself seems run down.

If the owners would sink a bit of money into the place and dress it up a bit it would certainly help the dining experience. Some places the "hole in the wall" atmosphere actually helps the dining experience, see El Toro Bravo as an example. While others come across as unkept and a bit dirty. That was the vibe I got from this place.

Still, the food is inexpensive and good and I have never had poor service which is a huge pet peeve of mine. So, I will certainly go back again. If you do visit this small dive on Fruitville, keep your expectations in check. At least you'll leave full and with money left in your pocket!

Visited October 2011
Sarasota, Florida
“Wings, Wings, and Wings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

Wings here are delicious. Fresh salad, and fries can complete the order. Now there are other items on the menu but I never eat them. The only complaint is that I can't just get drums, wings are always mixed, no option on that.

Visited December 2011