“Absolutely Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Selva Grill

Selva Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Selva Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 991 Restaurants in Sarasota
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main St. & Palm Ave.
Boniat Springs
“Absolutely Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Me and my husband are chefs and I have to tell you the food and atmosphere at Selva are amazing. We went on Valentine's day and this is one of the busiest days for restaurants well I have to tell u they rocked it. Our server Sean was a amazing he totally made us feel like we were VIPS We live in Naples and will be driving the hour and half to eat here again

Thornbury, ON, Canada
“Good food....but this is rated #2?? Hard to fathom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I went to the Selva Grill last night for my birthday dinner, based on the reviews in Trip Advisor. We booked the table a week in advance through Open Table. Upon arriving we were immediately shunted to the back next to the server station. Only after much protesting would the hostess move us up a bit, but in no way would she move us to one of the empty tables in the middle of the restaurant. Instead we were confined to the "picnic" table section west of the iron fence they have on the west side of the restaurant.
However, once acclimed to the outplacement, we had excellent service and the food was pretty good. My wife raved about her sea bass, I had the duck which was ok, good not great. It was a pricey meal. I'd think twice about returning and DEFINITELY would not book through Open Table!

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Blair C
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent food, nice setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was very modern, nothing exceptional. The food was delicious, other than a rather blah salad. Fairly pricey, but the food was excellent. Service was very attentive.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“can't believe it ranked as #2”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I ate here while in the area looking at real estate. We went here due to the high Trip advisor rating. We were very surprised. To start with the "I'd rather be anywhere but here hostess" seating us... 1st impressions were poor. Then came the server... much better.. and was the best part of the evening here. I started with the Empanadas... they were good. My wife had the sea bass and I the sirloin strip. My wife was unimpressed with the sea bass... and the accompanying vegetables... she likes garlic, but that was the only flavor on the plate. My steak was one of the worst cuts of meat I have had in a long time.... 1/3 of it was fat/grisel... the rest flavorless. Truly a pathetic steak. The side was a mound of cheese laden potatoes , they were marginal at best and the grilled asparagus was undercooked. We did not have dessert, as we doubted that they could have pulled off a decent finish. I will say two managers/owners did come around to ask how things were... but alas , they should have more savvy and pay more attention to the kitchen staff and food quality .

3 Thank Artificious
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, beautiful presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Selva Grill. It deserves all the good reviews it gets. A pleasant room, we were seated promptly, and the waiter was helpful without being too pushy. We had triologia cerviche, shrimp, tuna and white fish, quite good especially the tuna. For main dishes we had an excellent sea bass, Inca cod ( cooked in a plantain leaf, la causa buena (( crab, avocado, potato), shirt steak and a loin chop. We had yucca fries as a side. All were very well prepared and the presentation was impressive. All five of us enjoyed the meal. The Peruvian influence was subtle, but present and welcomed. Pricey, but worth it.