“Wonderful service even better food.”
Review of Cafe Baci

Cafe Baci
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Baci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,063 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bee Ridge and Tamiami Trail
Description: At Café Baci, we strive to perfectly recreate the full Italian experience. From the moment you walk through our door, you sense the difference and you feel the culture. The atmosphere here is enchanting and peaceful, the Italian cuisine reminiscent of that created by some of the greatest Italian Chefs. Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment. Buon appetito!
Reviewed January 27, 2014

To my surprise, I just found my new favorite eatery in Sarasota. The wait staff and management are courteous and friendly without being intrusive. My wife had the Chicken Marsala and I enjoyed the Flounder Franchise, both were delicious and plentiful. We could not partake in any dessert, but they all sounded delicious. Looking forward to our next visit to this wonderful city and restaurant.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We recently dined at Cafe Baci and had a very nice corner booth. The waiter asked us if we wanted to hear the dinner specials? Upon saying "yes", he proceeded to tell us that he couldn't tell us the prices as he had "gotten in trouble" when he had revealed the prices. This should have been a clue to us. Most of the menu meals ranged in the $19.00 - $25.00 range, with a top price of $32.00 for a lobster tail. One of the specials of the evening was a 22oz veal chop which one member of our party thought he would enjoy. The meals included potato (3 wedges) and green beans. Salad was additional. Pasta could be substituted for potato.
Our meals were prepared well. Towards the end of our meal, a party of 8 were seated behind us. They were so loud and unruly that we couldn't hear each other. I asked our waiter if he could ask them to "tone it down a bit" and he referred us to the manager. The manager asked us if we had a problem and I informed him that the party near us needed to quiet down. Rather than speaking to them, he asked us if we would like to move to another table? We declined as we had already nearly finished our meals.
Not having coffee or desserts, we asked for the check. Upon receiving it, we were appalled that the veal chop "special" was $50.00!! No wonder they don't tell you the price! We approached the manager and he indignently told us that he didn't set the prices and if we would like to speak to the owners? His attitude was appalling! He neither cared about how upset we were with a $50.00 meal, nor did he do anything about an unruly party.
With a management style that does not care about the paying customer, we won't be dining at Cafe Baci anytime soon. Buyer beware! They will rip you off if you don't ask. Ask for the price of the specials and watch out for the manager!!

2  Thank Mainetravelers33
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were in search of an Italian restaurant and found Cafe Baci quite by accident while traveling down Tamiani Trail. I was concerned that we were "underdressed" but my concerns were quickly quieted when the hostess asked, "Are you hungry? Then you are in the right placed and dressed just fine." It is a warm inviting atmosphere. Our waitress (Robin) was one of those gems who truly love their job, the food, and the owners. She is definitely an asset (hello? Anybody listening?). Seriously, this was a dining "experience". Right next to us was a table of perhaps 6 people enjoying a great meal, chilled bottle of something, and good conversation - all in Italian. They looked so relaxed and happy. Robin later told us they were owners. The pasta and breads are all made onsite. I did not even see a pizza on the menu. Everything was delicious. I had ravioli with wild mushrooms and a pink sauce. Delightful. I could really go on and on about the service and the food. I even thought I might have seen some sipping of lemoncello in the background but don't quote me on that one. You will not miss with this place.

1  Thank luckygreen
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A tried and true restaurant. Food, service wine list excellent. Prices reasonable. One of the best Italian restaurants in the Sarasota Bradenton area.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

If you want to be sure of an excellent meal and good service, Cafe Baci will not disappoint. Our second New Year's Eve in a row here and next year could be a third. A special menu provided excellent choices well prepared, and a good wine ensured the new Year would be off to a good start. Though a special night any time would be good to visit this fine restaurant.