“Authentic Fresh Italian Food”
Review of Cafe Baci

Cafe Baci
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Baci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,144 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bee Ridge and Tamiami Trail
Description: At Café Baci, we strive to perfectly recreate the full Italian experience. From the moment you walk through our door, you sense the difference and you feel the culture. The atmosphere here is enchanting and peaceful, the Italian cuisine reminiscent of that created by some of the greatest Italian Chefs. Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment. Buon appetito!
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is my third time to this restaurant. The food was consistently outstanding. The service and the decor was excellent. On wensday they have an osobuco { veal shank} which was excellent. I would suggest the Bruchetta Baci under the antipasti menu. The drive from Port Charlotte is about 45 min and the menu is a little pricey. The food And sevice was worth the time and money.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were a group of 4 women who visited Baci, at the recommendation of one of us. We were very satisfied with the choices we made. The eggplant parmesiana was excellent and the portions were plentiful. We enjoyed our early dinner very much. Of course it is a very busy place and parking was extremely difficult. I imagine on Sunday it is easier. Our waiter, Chris, was very attentive, even the Maitre D' asked us how the food was; delicious. This a great place, though it was crowded, you can have a conversation without being disturbed by the table next to you. I will return again and again. The price is reasonable for the portions, plenty of bread on the table. Fantastic place for family and friend.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I always enjoy this place but be advised that it is small portions for the price! I love their eggplant parmesan but the first thing I have to eat is their salad with crumbled cheese and tomatoes. I love it! Also their tiramisu is the most amazing I've ever had. The restaurant itself is small but extremely well decorated and classy, but yet not stuffy. We go in there dressed up casual and never feel out of place.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our dinner at Cafe Baci. Very busy, family run establishment. Nice atmosphere - good vibe, happy diners. Staff was very attentive. Impressed with the complimentary small antipasto plate served with house made bread and bread sticks. Nice touch. Food was tasty. Pleasant evening out.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We dined there last night 3-17-13. We had wine and a negroni for cocktails which were fine. We shared the pasta with carbonara and shrimp. Carbonara in the Roman style does not have cream or peas. This dish had both and was bland. The small shrimp wer undercooked. The waiter asked for us to add chese, which is an Italian culinary faux pas. I had the arugala salad with pears and walnuts. The walnuts were smoked and the pears were bitter and not ripe and did not blend well. Too much venegar as well. We both had the grouper with shrimp. When the dishes came I could smell fish in the air which leads me to suspect the grouper, indigenous to Florida was not fesh. Dessert was vanilla ice cream and creme brulle, both were fine. The wait staff asked repeatedly about how dinner was, I did not have the heart to tell them what I really thought. The cost with tip was around 145. Not even close to being worth the price.

3  Thank Joseph A