“We didn't get as far as ordering!”
Review of Two Senoritas

Two Senoritas
Ranked #272 of 1,039 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Radlett, England
“We didn't get as far as ordering!”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Thought we would try this restaurant for a change. Got seated straight away, but then after 5 minutes nobody had even taken a drinks order, we gave it another few minutes and then walked out. Ironically, the hostess said "thank you very much"!
I would not go back as they obviously do not know what service is even when it is relatively quiet.

1 Thank mahjx001

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brutal”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

One of the worst meals I have eaten, Mexican or otherwise. The only good thing was the coffee becauses the waiter graciously offered to brew us a fresh batch. I felt very sorry for the waiter because he asked how me liked the meal and I had to be brutally honest. Everything was covered with shredded lettuce and gobs of cheese to mask tasteless, overcooked pieces of chicken and meat. There is no excuse for serving such terrible food and obviously the management doesn't taste the food or knows nothing about Mexican cuisine. The word cuisine does not apply here.

1 Thank CuisneInquisitor
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Excellent Food, Friendly Service, Unique Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Dos Senoritas on Main has wonderful decor that gives hints of Mexico and Spain. The intricate details can even be seen in the stamped celing. We arrived shortly before closing and were still treated with great service and freindly smiles, staying after the doors closed with a number of other happy customers.
The food is above average for a tex-mex eatery and was had a good authentic taste. The prices were very reasonable and the portions were large. The complimentary salsa is some of the best we have had.

Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok, restaurant, bad service, average food”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My husband and I are really into tex-mex style food and we decided to make it in to Two Senoritas to give it a try, I had the Queso Relleno and didnt think much of it but it was ok, the restaurant seemed clean but the one part that had me down was the service, I do not happen to remember the server's name when I go out to eat unless the service was good or really bad, in this case bad falls short. Our server was rushing us trough the whole visit, was not very friendly and had an attitude towards us after slightly modifying our order. I know it is the summer and there is not a lot of people going out to eat but that is why restaurants must take care of the people that do go out to eat so that they will keep coming back. I understand that one bad experience should not make or break an establishment, which is why maybe I will give them a second chance down the road. As for the server's name, i will keep that to myself because I realize that they may have kids to feed and I hope that they get their act together.

Richmond, VA
“Decent food, slow service”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Two Senorita's has fairly decent food. Nothing too get overly excited about, but it's good and my friends go there at least once on every visit to Sarasota, mostly because they haven't ventured out to try another Mexican restaurant in town.

I had the Super Burrito ($9.95) which was supposed to come with both quacamole and sour cream according to the waitress, but came with neither. The additional charge (undisclosed) for these items when I requested them was $3.90.

My dinner companion had a Chicken Enchilada special made with a smoked chicken. She said she would not order it again due to the overwhelming smoke flavor.

The atmosphere is very nice, restaurant is well-decorated and comfortable. The service is very slow. We waited at least 10 minutes before the waitress ever approached our table. After she took our drink orders, the manager came and asked if we'd been helped. It was another 7 minutes before she returned with our drinks. We waited quite a while for our dinners to arrive, then several minutes when we requested the additional sour cream and guacamole. She may have been new, but as she only has one other table to serve at the time, she certainly should not have been overwhelmed.

Would I go back? Not if I don't have to. I'd prefer something more authentic. I didn't see a staff member of Hispanic decent anywhere in the building - that should have been our first clue.