“Good Mexican, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Two Senoritas

Two Senoritas
Ranked #284 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Good Mexican, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Chips and salsa are addicting. The 'shrimp chiptole' is a must try. I've always experienced friendly, prompt service and will continue to return to Two Senioritas.

• Visited June 2012

“Overall very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Good salsa and chips, great guac, chicken tortilla soups ok, had better, steak fajita good, margarita and sangria delish! Would def go back!

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Good Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have always had a good meal here. And they have a great bar area and a large room in the back that will fit a very large party.

Visited June 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is our 'fathers day' lunch location of choice. Great food and atmosphere! They make guacamole tableside!

Visited June 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Rotten Strawberries.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband likes Mexican food, so after meandering around downtown Sarasota, we decided to stop here, him for some food, my friend and I wanted some appetizers and drinks. The waiter that greeted us outside where we decided to stay and sit, was extremely friendly, he told us about the drink specials (Sangria today) which my friend and I both ordered. When it came to the table, I was excited about the garnish, usually you don't get a strawberry with sangria.. it was rotten (massive black goopy spots all over) and frozen. My friends was the same. I changed my drink up for the second round, my friend didn't. knowing she could just pull the speared strawberry out. My mojito wasn't much better, slimy mint leaves graced the bottom of my cup. No, not mottled, full on expired. My friend however just had a rotten strawberry haphazardly plopped onto the side of her glass now, no more cherry or orange slice.

The waiter was very compensating with me being vegetarian and allergic to cilantro, they made up some queso with beans and tomatoes that was like a vegetarian, cilantro free version of the queso and beef that my friend was having.

My friends came out in a bowl, on a plate with a doily, and a basket of corn chips. I just received a bowl. I wasn't plate, let alone doily worthy at this point.. they could no longer pander rotten strawberries, they'd then frozen, off in my cocktails. My husband got tacos or something, I don't know, he's military.. they eat MREs.. I won't trust his judgment when it comes to what was disguised as edible on his plate. It's not that my food tasted bad, but anything tastes better than rotten strawberries and passed it's XP date mint... well, and how bad could plastic cheese sauce be? They sell a tonne of it in 7-11s everywhere!

After we were done our "food" we decided to go inside to partake of the facilities, after opening the door we were greeted with an oh so aromatic waft of mildew, along with an incredible decor that was thoughtfully planned out, that had been left to wither in dust.

The ladies room was back passed some fridge panels that weren't attached to a fridge (might explain the rotten fruit and foliage) propped up against a table. The bathroom was once beautiful, but now dark and dingy, ceiling panels covered in water stains and rust, faucet handles not attached to the walls. Beautiful thick slat wooden slats divide each stall, too bad about the half inch between each slat where you can clearly see the person next to you going to the bathroom. Fastest use of toilet ever.

On leaving the bathroom, what appeared to be the host was right there, and quickly turned around like a creeper and shimmied away into the depths of the sad, musty restaurant.

Never would I recommend this place unless on a haunted tour, or a prime example of a place that Restaurant Impossible or Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares needs to come into. Other than the waiter who was excellent, and obviously loved his job.

• Visited July 2012