“Savor Sarasota Lunch”
Review of Michael's On East

Michael's On East
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's On East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,051 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bahia Vista
Description: Founded on April 27, 1987, the celebrated Michael's On East restaurant takes fine dining to another level, offering award-winning cuisine and outstanding service, in an exceptional 1940s supper club atmosphere. Michael's On East was one of only ten restaurants in the nation to be inducted into the 2009 Nation's Restaurant News Fine Dining Hall of Fame, considered the Oscars of the restaurant industry, and received their 26th consecutive AAA Four-Diamond Award in 2015 - one of only two restaurants in Florida with this distinction. Upon entering the dining room, you are immediately dazzled by the plush design and inspired decor. The restaurant's intimate aura, along with its contemporary fare, world-class wine cellar and incomparable service, create an unparalleled dining experience that will give you every reason to keep coming back.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Went to lunch with another couple and had a great meal! Food was excellent! We had the skirt steak and the delicious bread pudding topped with coconut ice cream. Service was top notch! We will be a regular diner!!

Michael K, Owner at Michael's On East, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Hello,
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor. I also wanted to be sure you received the announcement that we recently extended our Savor Sarasota menu through June 30: http://www.bestfood.com/2014/06/savor-sarasota-news-2/

It would be our pleasure to host you again soon!

Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Michael's On East

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Not many places you can take a group of 20. They where very professional and accommodating for our entire group. Food is a little pricey but a good wine selection and we where overall very happy with our experience. Defiantly a fine dining experience.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We originally had dinner reservations for our anniversary at a different restaurant, but after rave reviews from our driver from the airport, we switched to Michael's. We were sadly disappointed.
Not so much in the food, but the service.

The food was actually very good.

The waitress and others involved in our evening were extremely pretentious and made it hard to enjoy ourselves. The owner was actually seated near us that evening and ended up giving us "looks" because we sent back a wine bottle. I'm not a wine enthusiast, but even I could tell the bottle smelled musty and moldy, it wasn't right. If I smell something and it makes me recoil, I'm certainly not going to drink it. We spent a pretty penny that evening, it's not like we were trying to "get a freebie." I just didn't like the vibe of the place at all.

I guess if you're looking for a condescending, pompous environment, go here. We were not impressed.

3  Thank hipmomof4

I'm very sorry to see your comments, as we are typically in the business of exceeding expectations.

I am very sorry that we fell short during your visit in May. Over the past few months, we have focused on training our service team and addressing any issues has been my top priority. We pride ourselves on offering only the finest and consistent service standards to each and every guest and promise to deliver on this pledge should you find yourselves in Sarasota for another visit.

We would greatly appreciate another opportunity to offer you the exceptional customer service - and cuisine - Michael’s On East has been known for over the past 27 years. Please contact me personally upon your next visit to our area.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent food and wine list.Hard to go wrong with anything.AJ my favorite waiter,knows the Menu ,the Wines and makes it more fun the whole evening

1  Thank nefrologosarasota
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We did not have a good experience at this Restaurant the service was poor, the food was not the best and all in all we won't be returning.

1  Thank MARYPATRICIA

Mary,
It is with my sincerest apologies that I write this note. The staff at Michael’s On East aims for perfection in all areas, and I am very sorry that we fell short during your visit in April. Over the past few months, we have focused on training our service team and addressing any issues has been my top priority.

Please contact me personally upon your next visit to our area and it would be my pleasure to host you.