“Tacky” 2 of 5 bubbles

15 South Ristorante Enoteca
Ranked #252 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmonds, Washington
“Tacky”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

First restaurant we tried during our trip to Sarasota it was on the list from the owner of the home we were renting. We were seated in the bar area even though the rest of the resaurant was not full. We had full view of the bar and the entertainment was hilarious if not tacky not only the old time lounge music but the patrons were entertaining too with groups of older women yucking it up with the waiters. I imagine at midnight this scene is even more hilarious , "but for the grace of God". Anyway on to the food, one of the waiters said the pizza is the best in town so I opted for a simple pie and a cesar salad. Pizza was so, so though not bad and the salad was romaine lettuce with awful dressing and a few croutons thrown in as an afterthought. My husband ordered a filet mignon it tasted and looked like airline food. Our waiter was the only young one and he was definitely in the wrong profession, before I finished ordering he was reaching to take away my menu.
We would not recommend this restaurant for the food and if you are over 60 looking to meet other bar flies this is the place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Marian Y

scotland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Good choice"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

After walking around circle and looking at restaurants 15 south's menu looked good,Went to watch sunset at the beach then strolled back to find everything very busy,but despite this (and the sound of jazz music from upstairs function) got a table for five.
Starters of calamari,bruschetta and escargot were excellent. Main course was pizza for kids ( no complaints there. We had pasta ( recommended from waiter as apposed to risotto rice) fruitti di mare and the other main was cioppino ligure- fresh fish,clams,prawns in a spicy tomato broth. Despite being extremely busy the service was excellent.
Live singer/ trumpet player was excellent and added to a lovely meal. All in all a good day.
Try something different from the menu rather than salad and pizza.

• Visited February 2013
Chicago
“Good Pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stopped here late night for wine and the music, once we saw the pizzas coming out of the oven we decided to eat here for dinner the next day. The brick-oven pizza was great. I also had the crab bisque which was very good. Many things on the menu seemed pricey, but this is Sarasota. Our service was good and the music was also good - we ate on Valnetine's Day. Reservations are recommended as they get quite full.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RoseAleneP
Portland, Oregon, USA
“I waited to write this review to see if time softened our opinion, it didn't. Worst meal in a restaurant ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have been going to 15 South for almost 10 years - that has definitely stopped. My husband and I had the worst meal in a restaurant ever.
First, the waiter did not know the menu or the specials. One of the specials was described as steamed asparagus topped with tomatoes - kind of like a salad presentation. After I ordred that special, the waiter came over and showed me a picture of steamed asparagus with shredded parmesan on a cell phone and said there were no tomatoes, etc. on the asparagus. I was able to change my order but why would the menu say one thing, one waiter say another, and another waiter's iphone say something different.
The salads: I ordered to the arugula salad. The prosciutto had that metallic, off flavor that makes you wonder what you are eating. My husband had the greek salad - expected to be cucumbers, peppers, olives, feta, etc. The salad had been made so long ago the cucumbers were pickled - as opposed to the fresh vegetable with light olive oil dressing you would expect. Rather than kalamata olives they used black olives out of the can.
Main course: My husband described the veal chop he was presented as the worst piece of meat he had ever been presented to eat. It was gristly and tough. Poorly cooked with no flavor. I ordered swordfish and was given a piece of swordfish about 3/8 inch thick, pan fried, overcooked, unseasoned. I sent that back after one bite. Ordered the steamed asparagus and was presented with overcooked asparagus covered with a white cheese goo (not the iphone picture I was given earlier). Also should mention the roasted potatoes are actually deep fried mashed potatoes, and the grilled vegetables were a soft pile of mush that had obviously been reheated several times and was very close to being over.
We asked for our check. Paid. And left, never to return again. Absolutely the worst meal either of us have been served - anywhere, anytime, by anyone.
I don't know who is working in the kitchen, but clearly not someone at all skilled in the preparation of food or serious about their work with food. Maybe ownership changed or possibly employee turnover caused this, but whatever the reason, spending $100.00 for one entree and two appetizers - the worst ever - seems to be an expensive lesson learned. Learn from us. Do not go. Very sad to see this happen.
Should also mention the music in the bar was horrible - bad voice.
Hate to say these things but want to save readers from making the mistake we made.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank japdx
Peoria, Illinois
“Best use of restaurant gift certificate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were greated at the entrance by our waiter, Johnny. He allowed us to select or table and made us comfortable. We selected a table off the cocktail lounge so we could enjoy the musical entertainment. Johnny was quick to assure us the they served a delcious chocolate martinini, one of my wife's favorite drinks. He expalined the many choices offered on the menu. My wife chose the Risotto A Frutti De Mare and loved every bite of it. I chose the Salmon Cleopatra and overjoyed with the meal. We lingered at the table for quite some time and finsihed the evening at the bar. Staff was very friendly and we enoyed the best meal and the best time we have had this trip to Sarasota.

• Visited November 2012