“Average food. Average price.”

The Alpine Steakhouse
Ranked #198 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Average food. Average price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

The food is average and the price is average. I would patronize this place more as a meat market than a restaurant. I just can't think of anything remarkable to say about it other than it has a good location on US 41, the main road here. I only remember eating there once, so maybe I'm not the best one to comment on it.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Tasteless prime rib”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stopped there on Christmas Eve. We both ordered the prime rib special since it is a meat market and the Christmas Special. It was early and not busy yet so we thought the meat would be underdone more. End cut for my wife medium and I ordered a medium rare cut. Both were well done and tough and tasteless, no juice no pink. The mashed and rice were over cooked and had been sitting in a warmer for ever. We did not get salad or bread. I think everything had been sitting since yesterday. We did get a to go box for my dog and have decided that she deserves a better addition to her food. I would not go back or recommend this to anyone. It was NOT a good experience, this place is highly over rated.

• Visited December 2012
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“TurDucKen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

The smoked brisket it in the meat markets is the best east of Texas... The Prime Rib on Primed Rib Night is awesome. The Garlic bread OOOHHH, Yummmy and the TurDucKen is well lets say Deliciously Epicurian....

Visited June 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have visited this restaurant several times. Granted, it is a deli/meat market in addition to the restaurant. The meals are prepared extremely well. And, the cuts of the meat are fantastic. Portions are more than adequate and we take home the excess for lunch the next day. You wouldn't know it from the outside but this place serves excellent food.

• Visited December 2012
“Don't be afraid to try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

There are a lot of mixed reviews but we enjoyed our experience. Traveled 2 hours to have Turducken. Overall, for a dish I have never had, I enjoyed it!!! My husband had the Reuben and thought it was very good. As for the atmosphere, it is a older mom & pop place take it for what it is. Don't be afraid to give this place a shot, you might like it.

1 Thank Jo-DBananna