“Wipe your table but worth the pizza as a new Yorker my words are thin and FABULOUS!”
Review of Panificio

Panificio
Ranked #315 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
florida
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Thin crust pizza with so many great tasty toppings! Run don't walk! Small but worth eating on the curb.

Venice
“Venice location”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here for the first time. We ordered an everything pizza that was very good. We are not big fans of NY style pizza (we prefer Chicago style/Gino's) but we were pleasantly surprised. The place was packed. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We will return!

Florida
“We've had better food & service there”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This has been our favorite place for pizza in Sarasota for years but our recent experience disappointed us. I called ahead and ordered a pizza, so that we would not have to wait, and told them we would eat it there. When we arrived I told them that I had called and what I had ordered and was told they would bring it to the table. A half hour went by and I finally went to the counter to ask about our pizza. It had been placed in a box and put on top of the oven. Did they think we were just sitting at the table to enjoy the view? Then we were further disappointed that the pizza was not as hot as it would have been if we had gotten it right out of the oven and half of the edge was burnt and the center soupy. It was not the quality we are used to from this place.

And the bathroom facilities are horrible. Try not to use the unisex toilet!

• Visited January 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Best thin crust pie on Main Street”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I hear there is place on St. Armand's circle that does a great thin crust, but I live here and St. Armand's is a bit too touristy for me, so I stick to this place. You can buy a great variety (about 15 different pies) by the slice, but I love to get one fresh from the oven if I have others to help with the consumption duties. The tomato-basil is fabulous, just be sure to order it on the crispy side and beg for extra basil to be added at the last minute of cooking. Fantastic, and the staff is great, too.

Be sure to check out the deli counter, and there are plenty of in house baked treats and some nice wines if you are so inclined.

Very casual place, but there are outside tables which can be nice if the weather permits. I get mine to go!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank TrukFLow
Sarasota, Florida
“Very good food, great Italian smells when you walk in”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Ooh the smells! All the great smells of an Italian market. Pizza is great. Food is very good. A very small place. Downtown on Main Street, north side of the street not far off US 301 going west past the Hollywood 20 movie theater. I don't believe they have the name right on here, unless it changed, so the sign probably says il Panifico. I think they have Italian desserts here too. You can carry out as well. Service is pretty fast. I think you order at the counter. Gosh it's been awhile since I've been there. It seems to me there are tables outside as well. Parking is a challenge downtown/Main Street.

1 Thank Triple P