“Portions are huge”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Sarasota, Florida
“Portions are huge”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Good food, and plenty of it, for the money. My husband is italian, and he said the food reminded him of his grandma's cooking. Would definitely recommend, and plan on going back.

Visited November 2012

Sarasota Florida
“Pizza Pizza Pizza”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

No only is Panificio family owned and operated it also has delicious pizza and italian specialty items! I love this place.

Visited July 2012
Sarasota
“Quality ingredients served with a side of bad attitude on stale bread”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The title says it all. I came in for a sandwich at 5PM and, despite being the only customer, was not greeted in any way. Somewhat taken aback by the silence of the two employees I ordered an Italian, to go, as I didn't want to be around these guys any longer than I had to. My $8.55 got me a modest serving of top-quality Italian meats and cheese with a truly exceptional balsamic & herb drizzle on a fairly stale, boring roll. If not for the DMV-style service I'd give them a chance to redeem what might have been a rare oversight. Instead, I'll search for another place to get a good Italian. But, man was that dressing good.

• Visited August 2012
Florida
“Skip this place”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've visited this place a number of times. A whole pizza when made fresh is often good but order a slice or two and it's re-heated from a display cabinet and looks hours old and dry.

Couple that with the help that enjoys being rude and miserable. I think, they think it's New York cool. The pizza when made right isn't THAT good. We won't be back.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank GymHigh
Abingdon, Maryland
“I love Il Panificio”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I don't live in the Sarasota area (yet) but I go down a few times a year to visit my rental property and when I do, my mouth starts watering for Il Panificio pizza! I've only been to the Gulf Gate location, didn't know there was another one, but I can't say enough good things about the pizza. I usually get just a plain pie or pepperoni pie, but my sister and I were down last year and had an artichoke pie, she said it was one of the best pizzas she's ever had. My significant other loves it also - I personally count it in my top 10 pizza places and I've eaten at many NY and Philly pizza joints. Grr.. now I want a slice!

The bread is really good too - when I was down there last year, the owner gave us a free small boule to try. We ended up going back to purchase another while we were there. They also sell specialty food items, pre prepared salads and the like - I am usually so fixated on the pizza that I've never tried anything else, but after reading the other reviews, I realize I need to branch out next time I go down!

• Visited June 2012