“Good Catch Yrrrrrr Mattie!”

Barnacle Bill's Seafood
Ranked #186 of 1,039 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Siesta Key, Florida
“Good Catch Yrrrrrr Mattie!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was showing a friend of mine around Sarasota and decided to stop here for some late Lunch. We where glad we did as the experience we had was Very Good! The Lunch crowd thinned out and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The staff were very nice, polite, and attentive. The Seafood was Great! Menu has lots of options and I will definitely be back! The only thing on the minus side was the Bread basket. It was average at best. Overall I have to say I liked it a lot... Winnie

• Visited February 2014

“Good Food- Not Special”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

All in all, not a bad experience, but the food did not meet our expectations for a supposed top seafood restaurant. Plenty of locals and you may have to wait, so many must find it more than ok.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Walter53
Burlington, Vermont
“Dinner for 2”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Have been to this place several times over the last 3 years. As we keep going back you can tell we like it. The seafood options here are plentiful and well prepared. We had Snow Crab and Seafood and Andouille sausage paella. The portions were good size and very tasty. Turns out I am not a huge fan of snow crab at the price would rather have a lobster. It is not an inexpensive restaurant but the food is fresh and good and service was excellent.

Visited February 2014
East Falmouth, MA
“Best Fish Yet”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I went to a Barnacle Bill's because it was close to my motel. I was warmly greeted at the door and shown to a seat immediately. Huge menu. While mostly a fish restaurant, there was land fare on the menu, too. It takes a while to work through the menu so you can thoroughly understand all of your options. I had a friendly, helpful waitress and chose grouper encrusted in pecans. It was absolutely delicious, full of flavor and crispy crust with very tender fish. The mashed potatoes were the real deal, too. I returned the next night and had bay scallops gaspar. They were lightly dusted in flour, sautéed and finished with lemon and garlic, served on angel hair. They had special deals for dinner for two that included a bottle of wine. The dining room is clean, uncluttered, and plainly decorated. Do not that for fool you. The service and food was outstanding.

Visited March 2014
Honolulu
“Seafood in Sarasota”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Plethora of Italian restaurants in Sarasota, glad to finally get some fish. Cod deep fried tasty. Three small pieces, portion small for the 12.99 lunch. Fries lukewarm but tasty. Added a side of coleslaw for addl $2 which was chilled but tasteless. At order, waiter asked if I wanted bread, no, thank you, but he brought it anyway. Waste.

• Visited March 2014