“OK but wouldn't rush back”
Review of Cafe Epicure

Cafe Epicure
Ranked #278 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Winchester, United Kingdom
“OK but wouldn't rush back”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stopped by for a bite to eat one lunch-time, we didn't want anything heavy so my wife chose caprese (mozzarella & sliced tomato), on the menu as a starter, whilst I chose a proscuitto pizza. Both were fine, although the pizza was a touch too salty. Our server was a bit abrupt but efficient. That was all we had, the bill came to $26. An OK place but I doubt if we'd rush back.

• Visited January 2014

Cape Coral
“Good food but had a problem”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a nice place and the food was good. The problem I had was, I asked for a burger well done and it took three tries for them to cook it that way. Shouldn't be that difficult to cook a burger well done. It kept coming back very pink. But, they finally fixed it right and all was well. I guess I'd give them another try. Everyone else in our party enjoyed what they had.

Visited January 2014
Longboat Key, Florida
“Great pasta dishes!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Have been to Cafe Epicure several times and the meals are always good. Excellent service and did not have to wait long for food to come out. Reasonable prices. This visit I had the Rigatoni Al Quattro Formaggi - Rigatoni with 4 cheeses and spinach. It was cooked perfectly. Portions aren't overwhelming so typically no "doggie bags" come home with us.

• Visited January 2014
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
“My Favorite in Sarasota!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We've been here many, many times over the last five years. Always delicious! You start with fresh focacchia bread with olive tapenade. So good! I always ask for more, hard not to fill up on this!
The service and the food has consistently been excellent. Some of our favorites are the lasagna. It is so light with so many layers, with béchamel, different than most. The penne alla sorrentina and the asparagus ravioli are two of my favorites. They do have specials, as well. On our last visit, I had the mushroom risotto, served perfectly, hot and creamy. We were told it would take a bit longer to prepare, which was fine. All of the salads are fresh, some interesting selections, not what you always see. Same with their pizzas, very fresh, thin crust. Must save room for dessert! Lots of pastry and gelato choices, so good!
Love the atmosphere. Very light and open. There is a really nice bar, as well. A perfect spot for lunch or dinner. I believe they serve breakfast on the weekends, as well.

• Visited November 2013
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Just okay”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

On Vacation looking for a good Italian restaurant with no knowledge of what is good and bad.

We put the food above chains. Service from our waiter was hit and miss. Quick to greet, but at the end missing to take our plates and provide dessert menu.

Unusual notes;
Host was dressed like she was working in a night club, fish nets and belly shirt.

A head Cook answered his cell phone while on the line with gloves on.