“Great food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Sarasota, F
“Great food”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was one of the places I go to show off a good Sarasota restaurant. Good food, nice atmosphere. Classy.

Visited April 2012

St. Augustine, Florida
“Great burgers”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Gormet burgers...nicely toasted deli rolls and good fries...we did a takeout order. Definitely recommend.

Florida
“Stroll historic downtown Sarasota and Stop by for Lunch”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I had lunch outdoors and thoroughtly enjoyed the experience. He ordered the spaghetti bolognese and it was very good. My caprese was delicious. What I especially liked was that I put on my own oil and vinegar. Stroll downtown historic Sarasota and stop by you won't be sorry.

• Visited October 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Great downtown eating”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Love the fact you can eat in or out, especially like the downtown activity taking place all around you. Food is excellent.

Visited April 2012
Whitesboro, New York
“EXCELLENT FOOD!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I continue returning to Cafe Epicure, primarily for the food. Also enjoyable are:
- the location (downtown)
- the ambiance (light, casual, open, indoor and outdoor options)
- the value
- the parking (the newly-added public parking structure across the street makes this popular area easy, fast, and convenient)

The staff has been friendly, though occasionally a bit cool and distant. Last week our waiter was full of warm and caring personality. But I never feel that they're all over me.

I've never had a bad experience there and I enjoy the wide range of food (always felt the portions were proper) and seating options (al fresco seating, indoor seating, bar seating, etc.).

I am not an expert on the full range of alternatives in Sarasota, so I can't speak in detail to the value (quality per $) versus the competition (and we do not drink alcohol), but I was surprised at how fair the final bill was (and I live in a relatively low cost of living community <Utica, NY>). I literally said to my wife (when we received the bill), "I would have paid TWICE this much for this meal."

I will ALWAYS return to Cafe Epicure because the food is excellent, the food choices are plentiful, the price is very fair, the location is excellent, the ambiance is good, and the staff are good. The gelato topped off an excellent and enjoyable meal.

Bottom line, last week one of my goals was to sample some new things in Sarasota, a city I am trying to learn more about. After stopping into Cafe Epicure - an old favorite - on my first evening, to get things started, I returned two days later! My plan was foiled because the experience thee was so good (again).

• Visited October 2012