“Stroll historic downtown Sarasota and Stop by for Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Epicure
Ranked #298 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Stroll historic downtown Sarasota and Stop by for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I had lunch outdoors and thoroughtly enjoyed the experience. He ordered the spaghetti bolognese and it was very good. My caprese was delicious. What I especially liked was that I put on my own oil and vinegar. Stroll downtown historic Sarasota and stop by you won't be sorry.

• Visited October 2012

Sarasota, Florida
“Great downtown eating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Love the fact you can eat in or out, especially like the downtown activity taking place all around you. Food is excellent.

Visited April 2012
Whitesboro, New York
“EXCELLENT FOOD!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I continue returning to Cafe Epicure, primarily for the food. Also enjoyable are:
- the location (downtown)
- the ambiance (light, casual, open, indoor and outdoor options)
- the value
- the parking (the newly-added public parking structure across the street makes this popular area easy, fast, and convenient)

The staff has been friendly, though occasionally a bit cool and distant. Last week our waiter was full of warm and caring personality. But I never feel that they're all over me.

I've never had a bad experience there and I enjoy the wide range of food (always felt the portions were proper) and seating options (al fresco seating, indoor seating, bar seating, etc.).

I am not an expert on the full range of alternatives in Sarasota, so I can't speak in detail to the value (quality per $) versus the competition (and we do not drink alcohol), but I was surprised at how fair the final bill was (and I live in a relatively low cost of living community <Utica, NY>). I literally said to my wife (when we received the bill), "I would have paid TWICE this much for this meal."

I will ALWAYS return to Cafe Epicure because the food is excellent, the food choices are plentiful, the price is very fair, the location is excellent, the ambiance is good, and the staff are good. The gelato topped off an excellent and enjoyable meal.

Bottom line, last week one of my goals was to sample some new things in Sarasota, a city I am trying to learn more about. After stopping into Cafe Epicure - an old favorite - on my first evening, to get things started, I returned two days later! My plan was foiled because the experience thee was so good (again).

• Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great little Italian cafe with indoor and outdoor seating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Cafe is situated on the corner with indoor and outdoor seating . I chose to sit outside that was great until a group of annoying skateboarders came by , no fault to the restuarant , but since the outside seating is not cordoned off it leaves this a possibility , but still with sitting outside . The salad was very fresh and served with the oil and balsamic vinegar to let you put on the right amount . The lasagna was very good with large portions , definatley worth stopping for a good meal ..

1 Thank Scuba600
Bradenton
“Great food. Small Portions.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Excellent food. Portions were a bit small. Thought the prices were cheap until I saw the portions. Still a decent value for great food.

• Visited September 2012