“Great Lunch”

Boatyard Waterfront Bar and Grill
Ranked #263 of 1,183 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Description: A unique blend of casual and elegance, the Boatyard Waterfront Bar & Grill offers a dining experience unlike any you've ever experienced. Our waterfront dining room brings the outdoors in with an interior that opens completely to the waterfront. Outside, dockside seating offers glimpses of docile Manatees, playful Dolphins and elegant yachts. You can't find a better piece of paradise-dine and drink on the water while taking in the local majestic views of Little Sarasota Bay on Siesta Key's famous South Bridge. In addition to taste-tempting dinner and lunch menus with something for every taste, appetite and budget, The Boatyard Bar & Grill offers Siesta Key's outstanding menu complete with the freshest-available oysters, crack-and-peel shrimp and other delicacies from the sea. Daily seafood and regional specialties' also are available.
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Lunch was so good. We had winds, wraps, chilli and salads and we all loved everything. Lisa was our server and she was so good. Great personality and right on top of everything. We say on the patio and it was so relaxing. Another great restaurant in Siesta Keys!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 3, 2018

We discovered this gem on our last trip to Siesta Key. We were a large group of about 15 and no one had a complaint about there food. Drinks were also delicious. I will say the coleslaw was sooooo good. We will definitely be back nest year.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed October 1, 2018

My husband and I were married at the boatyard in August. To say that their entire staff is incompetent is a gross understatement. Most of my communications were through Sean their events coordinator, and I use that term loosely. Sean initially sent me a link to a site where I was able to select different catering options so that I could view different pricing packages. A few weeks before the wedding he emailed me asking me to confirm the final details for the wedding. So I emailed him. Why he even sent an email, I will never know. He clearly is lazy and instead of inputting my requests, he submitted the list of items I "played around with" to see different pricing options. In short, I was charged for desserts I didn't order, as I had purchased a cake, and I was charged for appetizers I did not order. They refuse to make this right. Sean, however, is not the only incompetent individual working for the boatyard. In addition to the incorrect charges, I was double charged and when I showed up the day before my wedding to set things up, the manager had no idea that I was getting married there. Although, I had spoken with her directly months before, and had submitted that information in my "confirmation email" that Sean never read. If I could give them zero stars I would. While the venue is pretty, please save yourself a hassle and DO NOT BOOK ANY EVENT AT THE BOATYARD. Trust me, you will regret it.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2018

Food is decent but pricey. Some of what you pay for is ambiance and scenery. Pretty good service but food takes a little time so just enjoy the water while you wait.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Vern S
Reviewed August 29, 2018

Come for the food...stay for the view. That's one of the slogans that is associated with Boatyard Waterfront Bar & Grill in Sarasota, Florida. When my wife and I first started to vacation on Siesta Key, the first restaurant we visited upon arrival was the nearby Boatyard. It was all about Florida. Located at 1500 Stickney Point Road, it sits on Little Sarasota Bay next to Siesta Key's South Bridge. From a dockside table, you can inhale the salty air from the nearby Gulf of Mexico and view the boats on the inlet and in the marina. Boatyard is a bustling pierside joint that offers seafood, burgers, cocktails and live music in a casual, nautical environment. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. We never had to pick and choose. We always knew what we wanted. And Boatyard delivered. My wife had filet of grouper with rice and broccoli. I had a cup of New England clam chowder, Gulf fried shrimp and flounder with fries and cole slaw. Sometimes we'd have fish and chips with haddock filets, wild Atlantic salmon, rainbow trout or chili topped with shredded cheddar jack cheese and dice red onions and a Boatyard burger with a a half-pound of black Angus beef topped with cheddar cheese. No debate about dessert. Key lime pie and coconut cream pie, please.

Date of visit: June 2018