“Great happy hour”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hillview & Osprey
Transit: SCAT (Sarasota County Area Transit) Busses stop right at our front door. Please check website for routes and times; scgov.net/scat
Description: Sam Snead’s American Grill was started with the idea that genuine friendliness and savory food along a prominent wine list would create the perfect mix of product and quality. Sam Snead’s American Grill is part of a fine family of restaurants that specialize in great food and quality service. Located in the heart of Southside village, this unique restaurant features memorabilia collected by legendary golfer Sam Snead. The casual atmosphere features the Oak Fire Grill using only locally cured oak wood. The grill creates the most unique savory flavors infused in our Steaks, Ribs, Burgers, Chicken and Chops. We proudly serve Natural Aged Angus Beef and value the daily fresh seafood and produce deliveries to preserve the high standards of our fare. When a group of local businessmen came together and dreamt up the idea of having a nostalgic atmosphere and fine American cuisine they knew it was Sam Snead’s American Grill that embodied these characteristics. When you dine with us, we believe in delivering the best service, food and experience each and every time. This is the way we celebrate, the Sam Snead’s way.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Happy hour prices on food are confined to the bar, but there usually is room available. Food is good, nicely served and inexpensive. The chicken flatbread is especially good and the roast beef slider is on a standard hamburger roll with au jus and horseradish sauce.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We sat at the bar for dinner. The tenders were traditional, knowledgeable & super friendly (shout out to Emily). Started with the bruchetta app-A Must! I had the flat bread spinach & mushroom pizza. They forgot the shrooms but were happy to bring me a bowl of them which were more than plenty. My partner had the scallops over angel hair with asian chili sauce, also very good. This spot is in the nice part of downtown Sarasota.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had dinner here on our way to Florida. My husband ordered pasta with lobster and shrimp. The lobster did not taste fresh. I had the shrimp flatbread and it was good.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The waiter was training another person...he failed to tell us the house wine was lower in price because it was happy hour....left our plates on the table long after we had finished...then charged us extra for one of the meals due to ordering sweet potato fries...that were on the list of side orders.when it was pointed out to him in the end he eliminated the extra charge
The ribs were delicious fall off the bone delicious..Caesar salad was very good too...concern was he was not setting a very good example to the person that was being trained.

2  Thank JJiggs
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The only reason I didn't rate it excellent is because I've only been there once. Very nice place with great menu - appetizer platter with crab cakes, ribs, and bruschetta was awesome. I go to Siesta Key several times a year and just ran across this place - I will definitely be back. It's not on the key, but in between there and downtown Sarasota.

Service, decor and menu were all very good - looking forward to my next trip.