“Good food but uncomfortable chairs”
Review of Blue Dolphin Cafe

Blue Dolphin Cafe
Ranked #29 of 1,054 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stopped in while on our way to visit Longboat Key. Waited close to 15 minutes but process was well managed. Simply give your name and wait outside.
Service was OK. Food was plentiful. I had Huevos Rancheros and my husband had an omlette.
Definitely did not need to eat until supper time as portions were generous.
Clearly is a very popular place to go and eat so the renovations that are clearly needed would be a challenge to complete.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stopped for breakfast and it was pretty crowded but we only waited a few minutes. The food was good, but not spectacular. The menu is limited, basic breakfast fare. Server was very nice.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The coffee is very good and the food is great. Small breakfast place with a great menu the will start your day off right.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Bring a sweater because they keep it a tad chilly there. But their food is top notch. I had the best blue crab eggs benedict. It was do flavorful and packed full with real crab meat. Although the prices were a tad high, its to be expected ordering crab I suppose. I would recommend this place and I would definitely come back for breakfast again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

There's usually a short wait in season, but it's worth it. The omlette's are just right...we chose the "choice 4 ingredients", so we got exactly what we wanted. They offer several sides, so I always get grits and homemade biscuits. It's a small, diner-like place with quick service and good coffee.