“Best cafe in Lido Beach”
Review of Blue Dolphin Cafe

Blue Dolphin Cafe
Ranked #32 of 1,051 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice place to eat, family friendly with kids menu. Very inexpensive compared to some restaurants on John Ringling. We ate there our last day on the trip but wish I found this place on the first day! Would have eaten here everyday for breakfast & lunch.

There are newer reviews for Blue Dolphin Cafe

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very highly recommended on Tripadvisor and given the reviews, I was expecting something awesome. A busy, bustling diner. Full and cosy. Servers bring the coffee immediately and despite their obvious busy-ness, nothing feels rushed. I normally love this kind of place, but given my high expectations, I was a bit disappointed. Menu is standard breakfast menu. Eggs, omlettes and pancakes. I had eggs benedict. Was good, but not great. I think the great reviews are a result of it being the only place to eat breakfast. Nothing else opens in St. Armands before 11, so there is quite a long wait (20-30 mins) to even get seated at the counter.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Once we found this place we knew to get here early, beat the wait, and order the seafood omelette and great coffee.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Really enjoyed the quaint size of the restaurant - great tasting food and fast service. Don't miss the muffins! Wait was longer than we wanted so two of us ate at breakfast counter, which was perfect. Delicious breakfast!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The servers are very friendly and accommodating. We all liked what we ordered, and the prices were reasonable. Everything was very tasty.