“Excellent brunch at St. Armand's”
Review of Blue Dolphin Cafe

Blue Dolphin Cafe
Ranked #44 of 1,144 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 11, 2013

On a Sunday morning we recently ate at this restaurant, which is on St. Armand's Circle. They have a large variety of breakfast and lunch items. They are open from 7 am until 3 pm, which is unfortunate, because they would probably have a full restaurant if they stayed open through the dinner hour, even serving breakfast food and sandwiches. My daughter had the blue corn tacos with tilapia, and when I return to this restaurant, I will definitely order these. I had the California omelet, which included turkey, guacamole, cheese, and tomato. Their breakfast food includes home fries/fruit/grits and toast/english muffin choices. Their portions are generous and the prices average about $10 per item. Shortcomings with my visit: 1) they charged me for a soda, when I only had water; 2) they do not accept my airline American Express card; 3) they are not open after 3 PM. Who on Longboat Key gets up to go to breakfast at 7 am?

1  Thank sej60

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is the best breakfast spot on St. Armand's and a rival with the Broken Egg and First Watch as the best in the Sarasota area. I like to take an exercise walk across the Ringling Bridge from downtown and treat myself to a hearty breakfast, such as Eggs Benedict, seafood omelette, or French toast. For those watching their calories, there are options such as oatmeal, granola, and fruit platters. The portions are large. The eggs come from a local farm and the OJ is freshly squeezed. There is usually a wait in season, but you can get served more quickly if you accept a counter seat. The coffee is only so-so, a surprise because everything else is first rate. There is an extra charge for splitting one order, and a lot of side orders or a request for pure maple syrup can raise the price considerably. Given the high volume of business, the staff is well organized.

1  Thank Edward B
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We went here 3 times during our ten day holiday, and it is good ever time, the food is great the staff great and the bill is always small

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great place for breakfast. My family ate there 5 of 6 days. Great portions, try the Eggs Benedict special. It's a trainwreck :@) Short walk from the beach.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have eaten there twice and both times excellent food. Not very big, seating is tight and can have a wait of 15 min+, but worth the wait. I have met the owner and I know his ingredients are fresh and local.