“Fish and chips is a must.”

Old Salty Dog - Siesta Key
Ranked #78 of 1,046 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Maine
“Fish and chips is a must.”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

If you go to this restaurant, you must order the fish and chips. A good portion and cooked perfectly. Not a great selection of beer, which is pretty much common in Florida. Loved sitting outside and relaxing.

Chicago, Illinois
“Fried Hot Dog”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

When we pulled up to the Salty Dog I can honestly say that I was not expecting much, I ordered their special "Salty Dog" which is a fried hot dog, They had many toppings to offer on the Salty Dog, it is crispy and the batter is very tasty! I would recommend this place to anyone in the area

Visited April 2014
Mooresville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The fries were good. (If you like fries)”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

That is about the only good thing I can say. We came here for my husbands 60th bday. We had 18 people and getting seated was a bit stressful for everyone. The manager even insinuated that I had asked a table if they were leaving soon and he told me not to do that. This was NOT the case at all Once we all sat, our waitress unfortunately set the tone for the evening. It's a shame how one person can effect a evening of anticipated fun. Our food was not great. Over the past 5 yrs of visiting SK we have enjoyed most of the meals eaten out and this one will not be in the favorites list. I will say the batter used in the fried foods was good, however everything else was undesirable.

Oslo, Norway
“Good pub food”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We picked this restaurant because it was one of the few restaurants with available parking that day (we should have listened to those who told us not to bring the car to the Siesta Key Village...)

I had the special, lobster tail and sirloin steak with fries and a green salad, and it was all good. My husband had the mahi-mahi which he enjoyed. We sat on the deck which was nice, the inside is sort of worn down and not so attractive. Nice and attentive servers.

Watch out for the "house" egret who steals fries from your plate!

Westfield, Indiana
“disappointing”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Took about an hour to get food...food was average at best...Mohito had about 2ozs of fluid in it after the ice and mint...