“Nice spot”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I would say this is a good restaurant, but not necessarily authentic. The portions are huge. The quality and atmosphere are nice.

1  Thank Sean B

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I love the sushi here, it looks and tastes terrific, and I love the atmosphere also, which makes it a nice place to go for a special occasion. It takes a while for the food to be served sometimes, but we were waited on by multiple servers and a gentleman that I believe was the manager asked how everything was on our last visit, which was very nice.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We love coming here, really enjoy the food and the service.

Can get very busy and loud on Saturday nights, but still food and service covers up for that.

Real Thai flavours

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was our second time dining at the Pacific rim, and it was just as good as we remembered. They have a very wide selection of sushi to choose from, from specialty rolls all the way down to your typical hand rolls. The atmosphere is very cool, it's located on Hillview Street, which has an assortment of other restaurants for a great time if you want variety. Check this place out if you're looking for excellent sushi at a good price!

1  Thank C W
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

This is a little gem of Sarasota! It is located in an area of little shops and restaurants that is worthy of a stroll.

We arrived at 6:30pm on Tuesday after Memorial Day. There were only a few others there at the time and we could have had a table inside or outside on the patio with no wait. At first this concerned me a bit since the rush can start around 5pm in Florida but mid priced sushi and Asian isn't the draw for ancient retirees in the area... So... Another PLUS! The restaurant soon began to fill with 30 - 60 year olds and spry seniors.

JEALOUS wives/girlfriends need not go here... The service staff is quite hot! Lol... I am serious about this. They were not overt or out of line at all but certainly part of the ambiance.

There were six of us and the service was very attentive and effective. We ordered calamari as an appetizer. It was lightly breaded in tempura which was lovely but the calamari itself was a bit chewy. Don't let it deter you from ordering it, just inquire about the calamari first if you prefer smaller tender sections.

All six of us ordered different things. Almost all of the sushi selections (vast choices) were eaten quickly and with good to great reviews. Sushi is not my favorite so I ordered their asparagus, broccoli and garlic WOK with EXTRA garlic and "don't send me to the hospital" hot spice. I received a MARVELOUS meal that everyone enjoyed. It had a really great kick of heat but was a tad sweet too. Hmmm, just thinking about it makes me want to go back! This will make my sushi loving husband quite happy indeed when he reads it!

Price is fairly standard for FRESH sushi that is served BEAUTIFULLY but the QUALITY of the entire experience certainly made it more acceptable. Our bill for 2 including the appetizer but without any alcohol was $62 without tip which was definitely worth a 20% level. So about $75 total for the meal.

You could scale your cost back quite a bit if you ordered less things but trying multiple things was part of the experience for us.

If you like sushi... Go here!

1  Thank Peanut1966