“Great Sushi!”

Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sushi!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Great sushi, great hibachi and great service.

Have been back a couple times and love how fresh the food is. Good spot for dinner on the key and a date night.

• Visited September 2013

Savannah, Georgia
“Hibatchi was average, Sushi was a nice surprise!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went to the Hibatchi for the kids. The show was what you would expect from this type of establishment. The service was good, and the restaurant seated us fairly quickly. The nicest surprise was the sushi presentation that my daughter received. Overall it was fairly priced. Atmosphere was good if you don't mind close quarters.

Visited March 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Great service”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Benihana type tepanyaki. Similar menu/sauces. Very personable tableside chef. He did a couple of tricks. I would take young kids. They would like the show.

“Avoid eating here”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm unclear on how this restaurant got such good ratings when our experience was at best below average and at worst awful. I will say that the service was good and the employees were very nice, but that's the only positive I can come up with. The hibachi area was dirty and grimy. I could see old food under the rim of the grill from where I was sitting and it was only partially dislodged when the chef was cleaning the cooktop. We were seated next to a filthy exit door that was covered with dirt. Worse was the bug that came RUNNING from the grill to under my plate when my soup was delivered. I jumped from, and knocked over, my seat when it ran directly towards me! We were moved to another table, but it's impossible to recover confidence in a restaurant after something like that happens. The food was average at best - I can't understand how filet can be made to be tough, but it was ... and I couldn't eat the shrimp once I realized it hadn't been deveined and saw the result oozing onto my plate. $90 later (including two filet dinners, a child's chicken dinner, an apple juice, a beer, and two sprites - which they didn't mention wasn't a free refill, plus the tip), we left with three to go boxes that ended up being directly deposited down the trash chute (we couldn't eat the remaining food after we started talking/thinking about the experience). I would recommend that you visit one of the many other great restaurants in the area instead of wasting your money here.

1 Thank LilyKendall
Acworth, Georgia
“Best sushi in the area”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Always visit Jo To while on vacation on the Key. Sushi always fresh, great presentation, nice atmosphere, very nice staff. My wife & I have been coming here for years and are always pleased with every visit. This is the place to visit for sushi when visiting the Sarasota/Siesta Key area. Always a real treat to dine here, not to be missed.

• Visited October 2013