“Fortune Cookie says Just OK”

Ping's Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #453 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Well, after a couple visits now, I have to say Pings is OK. It seems like there is always something that happens that keeps going there just an average experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went here to try something new. It was surprisingly good! The variety of food was awesome, and you have lots to choose from. Glad we found this place!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

One thing amazing about this Chinese restaurant is that it is still in business. Sarasota Crossings has a Japanese restaurant, a Japanese teahouse (which serves food as well), a massive Chinese buffet, a Wings & Weenies, a pizza joint, Starbucks, Subway, Coleman's Tavern, & Checkers. Talk about competition. However, the quaint restaurant has an intimate atmosphere, good food, and friendly service. It offers a positive, if humble, experience.

2  Thank zooooot
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were looking for the best, freshest, least MSG-laden Chinese food in Sarasota and I couldn't believe where we found it. Not on Main Street or St. Armands, but in a nondescript strip shopping center a couple of miles out Fruitville Road.
Entering Ping's you will think, "OK, looks like a decent typical suburban American Chinese restaurant." Clean, with a lanterns and bamboo plants to give it character.
Our server was a wonderful as she described my dish (a sizzling seafood dish in white sauce). She brought out the usual crispy noodles with duck sauce and mustard for dipping, ho-hum. But wait a minute, Ping's makes their own...everything. The crispy noodles, which we usually just stuff into our mouths mindlessly, were a treat unto themselves and the duck sauce and mustard were both homemade (love the mustard!)
I know several reviewers mentioned sushi but it was not on the menu and the sushi bar looked like they may be abandoning it. Which is fine based on the great Chinese food we enjoyed. Stick to that, it'll be terrific.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I've gotten take out once at this place. Food was piping hot and very good. I had a spicy chicken dish with vegetables and steamed rice. My meal also came with an egg roll. This isn't the best Chinese I've ever had but it certainly was worth what I paid for it.

The restaurant itself is very nice and clean and the staff that I encountered was friendly. I'm glad there is a place this close to where I live to grab some good take out. I might ever stop in sometime and eat at the restaurant. I would like to try their sushi at some point. For the price, location, layout of the restaurant and friendliness of the staff, this place gets a "thumbs up"