“Great food, Service and Atmosphere”
Review of C'est La Vie

C'est La Vie
Ranked #179 of 1,050 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Met my best friend in Sarasota for some shopping and stopped in for lunch. The place was busy but we found a table. There is outside seating at this quaint little bistro but because it was such a beautiful day there were no tables available.The outside area allows pets. Sarasota is very pet friendly so there are always people walking dogs and have lunch with their furry kids by their sides. We found a table just inside the door so we could people watch while we ate. We shared a chicken, tomato, pesto and bacon Panini type sandwich with some fried potatoes. It was light and fresh and very filling even sharing the meal. They have a French bakery so we wanted to save room for desert. We shared a lemon tort and a cream puff beignet. They were both so good. Both were light yet full of flavor. Menu is fairly large and has a lot to pick from. Crepes, Quiches, salads, sandwiches etc.. The waiter was attentive and made sure we were pleased with our meal. Prices are very fair. We enjoyed the experience and will definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for C'est La Vie

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

If I'd were not for the excellent pastries I would not give them a dime. The owners are nice, but they have some of the rudest staff anywhere, but I keep going back. If you have been there, you know. Period.

1  Thank PicassoPaints
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stopped by C'est La Vie for a desert and coffee and were served by Alex who did an exceptional job handling our order. First thing he did was bring out water for our Chihuahua who was most pleased after walking up Main Street in Sarasota. We had a couple of pastries and drinks and had a very good experience. Good value for the money, great location.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

If you love French breakfast, lunch, and bakery this is your place to go in Sarasota. We have been enjoying this stop for 17 years. The bakery is more authentic than when you are in Paris!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We would have walked past this tiny place but a local recommended it after we went to the Ringling Museum and viewed the dress exhibit and then to the Sarasota Woman's exchange -so we sat down at this really nice metal table -Our waitress was French and the owner helped with the order -I had never been in a French bistro -I asked about the items on the menu then my friend started ordering in FRENCH and asking questions -Her husband and I just stared at her -then I asked the waitress if we had to order in French to be served and she said YES -I was shocked and then she laughed and from then on the food and the service coluld not have been better -Even stopped on the way out and brought some brownies for the local that steered us here -great great day!!!! and yes we had to park about three blocks away -but it was fun window shopping