“A very disappointing experience!”
Review of C'est La Vie

C'est La Vie
Ranked #182 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went in to purchase breads and pastries to bring home and decided to stay for lunch. When we asked to be seated at a table the supposed owner said that we were not allowed to seat at the tables. She said it in such a manner that it was very rude. First of all I asked for a table to be served lunch just not to seat down and eat our just purchased pastries. Although it should not have been a problem just to eat our pastries. We were going to be denied that right. Against my better judgment we decided to go ahead and eat lunch there. Although I did not think they deserve to have any more of our money as they had already been so rude and inconsiderate. We ordered salads which were not that great - service was very average and room was uncomfortable, loud and crowded. This is a very overrated establishment!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Amazing selection of fresh baked desserts and pastry make it so difficult to not choose one of everything!!
Love that this is family owned all with wonderful personalitys. Enjoyed the Vegetarienne salad with fresh bell peppers, mushrooms corn tomatoes cukes onions and mixed greens. Also had chocolate croissant, and we had Cheese & Ham Crepes served with choice of buckwheat or white flour & potatoes.
Fabulous choice of baguette sandwiches but alas couldn't eat 10 things at once so we will have to make a return visit.
Highly recommend this delightful Cafe.

2  Thank Laurieanne M
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My son and I discovered this today, and now we know why it's always busy! He lives here and had never eaten here. It was Memorial Day and two of his favorites were closed, so we stopped in, and so glad we did. We will take the rest of the family to show off our great discovery.
A great selection of great home cooked French food with French waiters/waitresses.

3  Thank GLewis53
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Came in for a late breakfast on a Tuesday morning. All seats outdoors were taken, so we ate inside. Great selection of pastry and desserts. All looked very good. We each had a sandwich with a side salad. The croquet monsieur was very good and I enjoyed the dressing on the salad very much. The staff and area seemed a bit confused and flustered. One lady was yelling at a server. Odd setting, but good food. We would go back.

1  Thank AmysOpinions
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Many wrote reviews about this place being owned by French, yes they are and this is what makes this place a destination, not only because of its great location but also for the decor and not the least the menu. Which is varied and fairly decent for the price point. I always look at the house specialities as this is a much better way to select when presented with a large menu. The place is well kept, the staff is French speaking and service did not feel hurried. The only issue I have is that while walking by the kitchen everyone appeared to speak Spanish (where are the French in the kitchen when you want them to be) and two that my nicoise salad was served with romaine precut ( i expected something more original). I will visit this restaurant again, after all it reminds me of the city where I was born and raised (Paris).