“Good place to chill for live entertainment and cheap fodd”

Mattison's City Grille
Ranked #57 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Sarasota, Mattison's City Grille is perfect for Market Day Saturday breakfast, Sunday Brunch, lunch, dinner, late night dining, and enjoying drinks at our outdoor, covered bar with live music. Chef Paul Mattison has created an exciting al fresco menu from casual sandwiches, to brick-oven pizzas; from mouth watering lamb, filet and fresh seafood, to special salads and appetizers. You will come for the atmosphere and stay for the food.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have driven by this place many times and always wondered why it was so crowded - SO I tried it with my wife - low key - they have a happy hour that is great - food was pretty good - live band, even on a tuesday

Give this place a try

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Mattisons is a fairly lively spot to eat with plenty of outdoor dining. We had dinner there in a Monday night and it was fairly busy mostly with adults but some families as well. Live music consisted of a guitar playing singer which seemed to draw a small crowd. Smoking is allowed outside which is unfortunate. Had pizza and a really large chicken Cesar salad. All good. Moderately priced. Perfectly nice place just no wow factor.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I travel to Sarasota quite often and I have been to Mattisons on a number of my trips. It is on a great location in the heart of Old Town Sarasota. The food is delicious. Try the calamari. It is my favorite and some of the best I have ever had. On the weekends, there is a live band and they are quite good. I recommend this to everyone that travels there.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I never trust a place that ships their fish from Indonesia when they live in a port city. Doesn't make sense to me. Seemed dingy.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

There were 4 of us girls visiting this restaurant before our Opera play. We were seated as soon as they were open in an outdoor seating area under a covered roof. This restaurant was pretty much in the down town shopping district so after our lunch we were able to shop before our play. Parking was a bear in this area, so get there early as we did for a spot. The menu was different than most. I had a quich was was marvelous! I highly recommend this dish served with sliced fruit. 2 of the ladies had the cranberry salad chicken croissant and they loved it. The wait staff we had was very good as well. We all enjoyed our lunch very much. The price range was a tad on the higher side, but worth every penny! Serving sizes were quite large so you didn't go away feeling hungry at all! I would definately recommend this restaurant for anyone in the area to stop in for a visit.