“Papa Nick's = great Sarasota pizza and also a great breakfast spot”

Papa Nick's Pasta & Pizza
Ranked #408 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Papa Nick's = great Sarasota pizza and also a great breakfast spot”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My wife and I got Papa Nick's pizza recently. A large with pepperoni, mushroom, sausage, onion and green peppers. We both thought the pizza was very, very good. The price for what we got was very reasonable as well. This is certainly much better than the garbage that passes for pizza at Pizza Hut. This place, along with Francesco's and Solorzano Bros. will be our main pizza spots that we frequent since we are fairly new to the Sarasota area.

Also, I stopped by to try their breakfast as they now serve breakfast. The prices are great for their breakfast items and I had the french toast which was made with their own home made Italian bread. It was fantastic and I can't imagine anything else on their breakfast menu will top that. It really was outstanding.

This is a cool little restaurant and has great atmosphere. I like to support places like this that feature good service, good food and take pride in their food, forget the Pizza Hut grease pits and try this place! Looking forward to trying some of their pasta dishes with sound great as well.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank EugeneW8874

Providence, Rhode Island
“Nice neighborhood italian”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We frequent the north end in Boston and Papa Nicks is not going to star against that competition but it is a good substitute when you are 1500 miles from home. When we were there, many of the patrons seem to be regulars. I had lasagna,which was quite good and my wife had a meatball Parma, which was big enough for us to have split. Even with glasses of house wine, the check was very reasonable. I wouldn't drive out of my way to go here but if I lived in the neighborhood, I suspect I would be eating here a couple times a month.

Florida
“Blech...”
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I ordered lasagna for takeout from here and was very disappointed. I knew it was a bad decision when I removed the items from the bag and the container holding the Greek salad that came with the meal weighed more than the one with the lasagna.

It is just one small thin layer of lasagna spread out in a small rectangular tin to make it look larger. It had an off flavor that i couldn't put my finger on - not sure if it was some type of cheese or if something was rotten.

Way overpriced for what you get. If you want good lasagna at a reasonable price in Sarasota go to Gino's on Beneva.

Sarasota, Florida
“Our favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We've been to Papa Nick's about 20 times in the last eight months since discovering it. Wonderful food and friendly efficient service. Our favorite place to eat in Sarasota.

1 Thank MBMiner
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“They have moved from this location. They are now on Fruitville Rd, Sarasota. Delicious pizza, wonderful salads and...”
Reviewed January 30, 2009

They have moved from this location. They are now on Fruitville Rd, Sarasota. Delicious pizza, wonderful salads and fresh salad dressings. Soups made daily. Good lunch specials and delicious hummus!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook