“Very good food, crazy busy place”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Family-owned and operated for over 112 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors on our patio, or inside our Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
Syracuse, New York
“Very good food, crazy busy place”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Make a reservation. Luckily we did as we were meeting a 93 year old friend and her daughter and the wait when we arrived for our 1:30 lunch reservation was 4 hours. People were willing to wait. Great location, parking is tough, but they do have valet. Everything we had was very tasty. The servers were efficient. The place was a little too hectic and loud for our elderly friend, but I would return under different circumstances.

• Hungarian first
Omaha
“Good Food & Excellent Service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had a group of 8 and wanted to wait until everyone was there. Tthe wait staff was very patient and accommodating. The food was delicious.

Visited February 2014
The Villages, Florida
“Very enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Ate here for only the second time since I'm not usually in this area. My second visit was just as pleasant as my first (13 months ago). The place gets really busy at lunchtimes; my visit was on a Monday at 11:30 a.m. When I arrived there were several table for me to choose but by the time I left I didn't see one empty table. I had the half and half -- half Cuban sandwich and half serving of the 1905 salad -- and it was prepared perfectly arriving in just a few minutes after ordering. Another nice thing is that the restaurant participates in OpenTable reservation service and it was easy to get a reservation. Highly recommend a visit. I'll make it a point to go back next time I'm in the area.

Visited February 2014
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Enjoyable dinner, but go early”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We enjoyed window shopping at St. Armand's Circle, and stopped into the Columbia in time to get a patio table for an early dinner before the crowd arrived. Their extensive menu makes it hard to choose, but we started with the recommended 1905 salad, which is a treat just to view the table-side preparation. Fresh, hot bread accompanies. My crab-stuffed grouper was delicious, but my husband wasn't so sure about the brown gravy on his snapper. The restaurant itself has been there forever, and the waiters are meticulous in their service, so overall experience was nice.

• Visited February 2014
ohio
“Very nice lunch”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We visited this restaurant on January 2, 2014 with our adult daughter. We loved the outdoor atmosphere of the restaurant even though it was rainy. Servers were friendly, service was quick and the food was very good. Traffic and parking were problematic this location, but not unexpected. We would not recommend this restaurant for families with young children as it is crowded, noisy and in our opinion, a venue for adults. We would return to this restaurant in the future.

• Visited January 2014