“Great lunch”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,045 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Family-owned and operated for over 112 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors on our patio, or inside our Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great lunch”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Lunch and people watching in a St Armand's circle landmark; it doesn't get much better than here. The pitcher of sangria made table side went down like a tasty punch. The Cuban bread with flavory butter was a good start. Stuffed peppers for the appetizer; yes, get them. My son and I got the paella and it was delicious and plentiful. The wife got Mahi Mahi and loved it (lots of it too). And churos to finish us off. I say finish because we were painfully full, but man, those churos were good. Price wise, they aren't bad, definitely on par with all of the other restaurants in the area. And then you can venture next door and pick up a nice cigar.

Visited July 2013

• Hungarian first
Naples, Florida
“great 1905 salad and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

we enjoyed sitting outside and people watching the people walk by on the sidewalk..the salad was great..and i also had the cuban black bean soup..excellent..good service and great food..

Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Family outing to restaurant”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

First of all, I must tell you that I am of Spanish decent. I went with my 2 children and husband.I have eaten in the most amazing Spanish cafeterias, bistros and restaurants in Spain, I am also a pretty good chef myself when it comes to cooking a paella, so I was disappointed with the Paella Valenciana served at this restaurant. Everything was counted 4 mussels, 4 clams, 4 small scallops 2 white esparagus and chicken was breast that was pre-cut. No chorizo, no pieces of lobster or rocktail lobster and 28$ per person. We started with a 3 appetizer which consisted of Mussles al Andres, Calamaris, and croquettas de pollo, which disappeared quickly but without being noted. Mussles again had very little chorizo and not enough salt. Calamaris frittos were delicious and the croquettas de pollo had to much potato but were crispy and yummy. My son order the chicken tenders from the menu which he said were fine and my daughter with La tortilla espanola and gambas seared in garlic. She said, that the tortilla had way too much egg, and not enough patata tasting more like an omelet and no onions but was good. The shrimps were yummy. My husband and I had the Sangria, and again were disappointed it was too watered down. I suggest you order a bottle of Red Wine. The Churros and Flan were great.

• Visited June 2013
Gainesville
“such a good variety”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We got Columbia to go last weekend. We got a few different things and then just split them up. I liked just about everything and we didn't get our usual bread pudding from there which is ridiculously good. The one thing that I was not a big fan of was the paella. A couple things in it have too much of a fishy taste for me, but the rest of it was good. Wish I had a Columbia near me.

• Visited July 2013
Fishers, Indiana
“My favorite!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I love the 1905 salad and must go to the Columbia and order it every time I visit Sarasota. During one 4 day visit to Sarasota we ate at the Columbia 3 times! Everything on their menu is great though so can't go wrong no matter what you order. Love, love, love!

Visited April 2013