“best chinese in sarasota”

Shangri-La Restaurant
Ranked #273 of 1,046 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Chinese
Sarasota, Florida
“best chinese in sarasota”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

you have got to try the pan fried dumplings with the hot oil, excellent!!!!
also the orange beef is delicious!
I used go to the new york Chinese by the Publix on clark rd by honore but for some reason they changed the way the food tasted.
By far the dumplings are the best I have had so far Florida or other wise.
this was a take out order and it was ready before I finished paying

• Visited July 2014

“It was alright but not as good as I remember.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I ordered carry-out. It was to ready at 5:45. It was not ready until 6:15. Food was OK but not great. I have not been to this restaurant for some time and this was not the level of service or food I remember. I will say the restaurant was full so something must be good.

1 Thank Wedge941
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous......Every time”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

After moving down from the northeast, i had a very hard time finding "real" chinese food. My family and I share a meal from here at least once a week and the food is always amazing. The employees and owners are friendly and courteous.

If you live or are traveling to the sarasota area, Shangri-La should be on your list of must do's.

1 Thank Rich W
Sarasota
“Very good Chinese”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Most people living in Sarasota seem to agree that good Chinese food is in short supply here. Shangri-La is an exception. We've eaten there twice now, and everything we've had has been delightful.

Visited April 2014
“Awesome Fresh Cinese Food”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten Chinese food throughout Florida. This restaurant is SPECIAL. I tried and recommend the Hong Kong Wonton Soup, the Special Fried Rice and the Sweet & Sour Pork. Taste and freshness set these guys apart from the competition.