“It was alright but not as good as I remember.”

Shangri-La Restaurant
Ranked #356 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I ordered carry-out. It was to ready at 5:45. It was not ready until 6:15. Food was OK but not great. I have not been to this restaurant for some time and this was not the level of service or food I remember. I will say the restaurant was full so something must be good.

1  Thank Wedge941

Reviewed July 18, 2014

After moving down from the northeast, i had a very hard time finding "real" chinese food. My family and I share a meal from here at least once a week and the food is always amazing. The employees and owners are friendly and courteous.

If you live or are traveling to the sarasota area, Shangri-La should be on your list of must do's.

1  Thank Rich W
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Most people living in Sarasota seem to agree that good Chinese food is in short supply here. Shangri-La is an exception. We've eaten there twice now, and everything we've had has been delightful.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten Chinese food throughout Florida. This restaurant is SPECIAL. I tried and recommend the Hong Kong Wonton Soup, the Special Fried Rice and the Sweet & Sour Pork. Taste and freshness set these guys apart from the competition.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

After hearing so many great reviews we decided to give this place a try. Before we visited I went online to check out their menu and prices and saw a coupon for like 20% off and figured why not? So we get there and place the order and I show the coupon to the cashier and she had no clue about it and didn't offer a different discount. Not a big deal so we get home expecting great Chinese food, far from it! The food was tasted bland and no flavor! For the over-priced flavor-less food we will not be returning!

1  Thank Tarabutler