“El Adobe's Tortillas are a little like adobe”
Review of El Adobe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Recommended by locals, this restaurant is only average. The tortillas in the chips were woody tasting, and the flour tortillas soon turned tough as they tightened as they cooled. The salsa is tasts as if it has a canned tomato base. Sharing fajitas, the chicken was nicely cooked, the onions were tasty but the overall ratio of vegetables to meat was off, with too little of the former . . . the menu does not include the prices for beer, wine, sangria, margaritas, etc. Once asked, we found beer prices reasonable but the half pitcher of margaritas was too high. Ask ahead. As with so many Mexican style restaurants, the noice level was high, as sounds bounced off tile and plaster.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

This was our third visit in two trips to Sarasota. We've never had a bad meal and the prices and service are very good.

Server recommended fajitas and GF ordered shrimp and me beef. Both dishes were very good with plenty of accompaniments and hot chips.

One complaint: why does a Mexican restaurant not offer Dos Equis on tap?

1  Thank MojoDining
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Don't go here unless you want to be SICK!
I know of at least 3 different people (including my husband)
who have gotten sick after eating at El Adobe.
The food does not taste fresh at all.
It is unlike any Mexican food I have tasted ever.
Tastes like everything comes out of a can.

2  Thank Sheila124
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Maybe it was the waiter who was far from friendly or maybe it was the horribly overpriced half pitcher of margarita but there are simply too many other great Mexican places in Sarasota that I think are better. The salsa was good, not great and my wife and I split a fajita dinner. It was again, good...not great. It seemed like it needed more spices and seasoning.

I had heard great things about this place and maybe if we would have had a better waiter and not had such sticker shock at the ridiculous price for the margaritas I would have enjoyed it better.

The atmosphere was good enough for this kind of place but with El Toro Bravo, Tijuana Flats, Two Seniorita's and Mi Pueblo as other great Mexican dining options, I can't see us returning to this place.

Maybe I should have questioned the bill regarding the margarita half pitcher but the waiter was so impersonal I just wanted to leave. Too bad.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Been visiting El Adobe since 1985, and it is now a rite of passage. They are always friendly, have great food and good prices. Tostada Deluxe and Huevos Rancheros are our favourite, we love going there for lunch.
Did lunch and dinner this time around, beware of the Margaritas they are lovely but lethal

1  Thank GaryBiggles