“Best Happy Hour”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stickney Point Road
Georgia
“Best Happy Hour”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Happy hour in the bar is a great value. The service is a little slow but the food and beverage selection though limited, is really great. I had the hamburger and it was so good I will look forward to making it a go to place at least once a month.

Visited September 2013

Sarasota, FL
“Italian Wine Dinner fails to meet my expectations”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have dined at Ruth's Chris Steak Houses all over the United States and am on their Email list for Special Events Dinners such as this wine tasting which pairs wines with special menus at a prix fixe announced in advance. Considering the 4 or 5 glasses of wine which are included they are fairly priced but not cheap at $80-$100 per person.
In the past I have always enjoyed my dinner at Ruth's Chris and marveled at the fact that no matter at which of its many restaurants I ate, the steak is always of high quality and the service is exquisite. Thus, for my companion's birthday I looked forward to a great evening and invited some friends to join us as my guest.
Although I clearly made a reservation for four and the dinner was announced to be at 6:30 (and we arrived at 6:30) there was no table for four for us and it was open seating with just a round table for 8 available. Conversation was difficult, if not impossible and I spoke to a member of the wait staff who eventually converted the table to a 4 seater. The evening from there went mostly downhill. The food which was in 5 courses was served dormitory style, slapped down in front of you and several times one of us was served while the others waited for up to 10 minutes before being served. No one asked us in advance to what degree we wanted our steak cooked, so naturally they all came medium rare and three of us had to return our steaks for further heat. The emailed menu which originated at Ruth's Chris Hospitality Group specifically called for Filet Mignon with Sweet Cherry peppers and our Sarasota restaurant used Hot cherry peppers, a vastly different product so that my companion could not enjoy her Filet without a small mouthful of Mexican heat. The Wine was fair but the Bertani Amarone from the Venice area was awesome with 30% Rondinella grapes. Several times when I tried to get the attention of a waiter or waitress I was rebuffed with a "in a minute" response. This is not the Ruth's Chris which I had come to know and love. There were other complaints but an added benefit, a member of the Sarasota Opera Group entertained us with arias from some of the better know Italian Operas. He was a true professional ( unfortunately I did not get his name ).

In fairness, I spoke to the local general manager ( Dave ) with my complaints prior to writing this review and he offered his apologies and is sending a "peace offering" but the fact is, the evening has passed and at my age I hate to waste one day.
While I certainly will return to a Ruth's Chris when I want a good steak, I will not be attending another Special Event dinner and advise you not to either.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank arthur_m27
stanmore
“Amazing food, well worth a visit!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We were lucky enough to enjoy a fabulous dinner here this evening. The steaks were delicious and the side orders of mashed potato and cream spinach were superb.
The service was impeccable and we will definitely come back on our next trip to Sarasota.

Visited October 2013
Osprey, Florida
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

They definitely make you feel special if you are celebrating an event. Flowers on the table, cards, dessert comped. The meal was very good, lobster and steak. Wine selection pretty good too. A nice romantic dinner.

Visited October 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Honestly we couldn't fault anything our waiter Gerald was superb attentive , knowledgable was spot on. We hd come into town to visit family and wanted a a fantastic meal this is the place , we all had appetizers , steaks , lamb chops , scallops the meat was superb high quality cooked to perfection it all just melted in our mouths . Champagne as we sat and ad a toast with , I did have a very nice grapefruit vodka and raspberry cocktail shaken and poured at the table , the choice of wine my dad loved . Very enjoyable meal. Best thing was it was all child free, so every table had a relaxing dining experience. The bill was $400 plus the tip, well worth every penny especially for the high quality food and all 5 of us enjoyed it very much

• Visited September 2013