“Such a great evening here”

Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Washington Dr.
Osprey, Florida
“Such a great evening here”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We haven't been here in a while so it was a nice place to celebrate my husbands birthday. It was busy but now too crowded and loud and we sat close to the bar. So that was nice. We ordered the surf and turf, which my husband said was excellent and I had the mahi mahi entree. Great flavor and plenty to eat. One thing we like about this restaurant is that everything is fresh. From the seafood to the freshly made fruity cocktails at the bar. No pre-made throw in the oven food here. I wanted the homemade bread pudding for dessert but it was already sold out. I'll get it next time. The service was really good and I can't wait to go back soon. And of course my wine was good too. Afterwards it so much fun to walk St. Armins Circle and shop. Lots of good people watching.

1 Thank Patsytav

• Greek first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“we like the food here and the location is near to Lido Beach”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The fish is well-prepared. Even the steak is good.
the only complaint is that the martini was "watery".
The staff is willing to accommodate special requests, giving me wasabi mustard, and my husband a small salad in place of the vegetable.
We've been here before and expect to return because the food is good.

we prefer the second floor as it is quieter, but we still can hear the music.

• Visited July 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“good, but not worth the expense”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Tommy Bahamas is resting on his laurels. We had a good lunch today, but it was not work $50. There is too much competition at St. Armand Circle for us to return back to this restaurant again. Too bad.

Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“Attentive Service, Great Dinner”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

In fairness, one of the women in my group was a "regular" and received a ton of special attention and care -- so it was a unique service experience. That said, I had a terrific crab and avocado salad and a martini that was top notch. Our table was a fabulous high top up front that allowed for people watching and was not crowded by other tables. Nice decor/atmosphosphere...live music.

Enfield, Connecticut
“Over priced and over cooked”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We went here for our anniversary dinner and unfortunately it was the worst dining experience of our vacation. I ordered the special which was chicken and chorizo sausage with a mango sauce. The piece of chicken was very small and completely dried out. The sausage was also very dry. It was hard to find the mango sauce. I was very disappointed. My Caesar salad was drowning in dressing which really spoiled my salad. Dessert was ok. With tip our dinner came to almost $140 for two people with no alcohol. Way overpriced for what we got. On a positive note our server was excellent and we chose not to complain while we were there. Just not worth it.